Marge Coffing VS Alex Gurevich - Posted by chris-atl

Posted by michaela-ATL on October 16, 2003 at 12:26:37:

I have not looked at either course, but Marge is very well known at Ga REIA and she’s walking the walk. In all the years I’ve been involved I’ve never even heard of Alexs Gurevich. That’s not to say, that his course is not good, I just have no idea who he is (if he’s local to Atlanta)

Michaela

Marge Coffing VS Alex Gurevich - Posted by chris-atl

Posted by chris-atl on October 16, 2003 at 11:53:56:

I’m trying to decide whether to go with Alex Gurevich’s or Marge Coffing’s private lender course. Alex’s is about $100 more, but if the general concensus is that it’s better, I will pay the extra $100. Please give me your opinions on each. Thanks.

Re: Marge Coffing VS Alex Gurevich - Posted by Bart

Posted by Bart on October 17, 2003 at 20:04:44:

You asked for opinions so here’s mine. AG’s course includes some good marketing material. I’d give it a B+. Marge Coffing’s course… I was so disappointed I threw it in the trash.

Re: Marge Coffing VS Alex Gurevich - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on October 16, 2003 at 18:26:36:

Alex posted here a few years ago. I understand from others that his courses make the assumption that the reader knows the basics and that he writes the material to show folks how to get the most out of what they are already doing. His clients say that fluff is reduced to a minimum in the courses.

Re: Marge Coffing VS Alex Gurevich - Posted by MoniqueUSA

Posted by MoniqueUSA on October 16, 2003 at 18:18:08:

They’re different, and hard to say which one is better.

Marge’s course: Great on managing your private lender prospects, even has an application that the private lenders must complete for evaluation. Establishes your positioning. Good info on pros/cons of various partnering structures – split profits for equal work and capital, various splits on profit for one provide work and the other provide funding, lending relationship only, etc.

Alex’s course: Focuses on lending aspect only (which is fine, since that is what many people prefer) Great ideas for marketing to find private lenders. Very creative, but common sense approaches. Many, many samples of materials that you can use straight out the box. Very good ideas on how to package yourself, particularly if you have never worked with a private lender before.

Neither course deals with SEC and state government regulations on securities, broker/dealer license required to solicit private lenders, etc. Big issues that should not be overlooked.

MoniqueUSA