Mark Haroldsen, whatever happened to him. - Posted by Mike

Posted by DONNA LUKWINSKI on August 14, 2001 at 14:32:38:

I would like to get in touch with anyone who ordered the Financial Freedom Report subscriptions. I was unsuccessful in finding any information on the Internet. Can you help? What happend to Mark?

Mark Haroldsen, whatever happened to him. - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on December 05, 1999 at 24:40:48:

Mark Haroldsen was a leading guru in the eighties, he really got me pumped up and gave me some ideas, and put out a magazine"Finacial Freedom
Report".

Re: Mark Haroldsen, whatever happened to him. - Posted by scott

Posted by scott on April 12, 2007 at 15:54:14:

i just read a buch of emails that are pretty old about mark. like many of them, i read his book when i was 18, given to me by my father. i was a high school dropout. fro that one book i have made at least 50 million in real estate. i really never read much more than his book over these years, i am now 50. if he is alive, i would like to thank him. does anyone know how to contact him or have stories about him?. thanks, scott

Re: Mark Haroldsen, whatever happened to him. - Posted by JA-FL

Posted by JA-FL on December 05, 1999 at 09:17:17:

Haroldsen used to hold an annual convention in January in Orlando Florida until a few years ago, with several noted Guru speakers on all subjects. It drew from all over the U.S., with a large crowd, not only due to the notoriety of the multitude of speakers and workshop holders, but to the motivational success of Haroldsen, himself, as well as the location where he held it in Mouse City, and the time of year for snowbirds descent One of those speakers who really got his start as a known Guru there was Ron LeGrand. Legrand ended up taking over the yearly conference from Haroldsen, who it seems went more or less into semi retirement. LeGrand built it into his yearly January Success Development International (SDI) convention, has moved it aroung a bit and renamed it and even expanded it. Is Haroldsen active at all? We don’t know for sure, but haven’t heard of him lately. Has anyone?

Re: Mark Haroldsen, whatever happened to him. - Posted by Neil - MA

Posted by Neil - MA on December 05, 1999 at 08:23:34:

Sometimes we read books that change our lives. “How To Wake Up The Financial Genius Inside You” by Mark O. Haroldsen was one of those books for me. It changed the way I looked at money, at financial freedom, at success, at myself. It made me realize that I could, in fact, attain financial freedom. I don’t believe Mark O. dealt with systems and the like so much as creating a mindset in the reader. He started a magazine, “Financial Freedom Report” where other, very astute real estate investors (sometimes called gurus) imparted knowledge and Mark O. sold their products. Mike, I too would like to know what happened to Mark O.
In “Financial Genius,” Mark O. recommended another book that I would class as one of the best books of all time, “The Richest Man In Babylon” by George S. Clason. I re-read that one at least once a year. I have given a copy of it to each of my children and hope they read it and benefit from it. Now there are grandchildren and each of them will get a copy of “The Richest Man In Babylon” as well.
Anyway, Mike, if you ever find out what happened to Mark O., please let me know.

Re: Mark Haroldsen, whatever happened to him. - Posted by RonD(KS)

Posted by RonD(KS) on December 11, 1999 at 11:39:20:

I certainly agree with your comments about his books and I enjoyed his FFR for as long as it lasted. I hadn’t heard of him for several years and then last year he bought an older & vacant office building in Wichita (!), rehabbed it, rebranded it and is currently leasing it through a local realtor. So…maybe he’s into commercial these days. Hope this helps. Ron.

A large and active real estate and paper portfolio - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on December 11, 1999 at 14:27:39:

Mark has millions in property and notes. He was in retirement and the companies that had problems were run by other people. He came out of retirement to try to turn them around, but it was too late.

Re: large real estate and paper portfolio - Posted by Jeff Steele

Posted by Jeff Steele on October 15, 2000 at 07:32:44:

I’m currently re-reading Mark O.'s book, How to Wake up the Financial Genius Inside You. I’m 46 now and I first read it when I was about 16 or 18 years old. After pursuing various carreers, I’M READY to really make it happpen in real estate, and this book is really helping. I never did get the Newsletter…is there any way to get back copies?

Re: large real estate and paper portfolio - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on November 27, 2000 at 05:23:59:

Just read your comments after doing a broad search on the net for Mark Haroldsen. I too read Financial Genius when I was young - 19 or 20 - and now that I’m 40, I’ve picked it up and re-read it. I too am making the committment to make it in real estate after having had my own chiropractic practice for 11 years and selling it 2 months ago to pursue what has been a dream of mine ever since I read the book. Good luck to you

Re: large real estate and paper portfolio - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on October 15, 2000 at 12:23:46:

Not that I know of. I do see some of their materials on eBay auctions for dirt cheap. A while back there was a collection of back issues available there.

Mark O. Haroldsen - Posted by Pat Kearney

Posted by Pat Kearney on December 15, 2000 at 13:14:23:

I too read his book when I was 18 and was inspired.
I want to re-read it but I can’t find my copy. Do you know where I can get another?

Re: Mark O. Haroldsen - Posted by Mike Sparks

Posted by Mike Sparks on November 11, 2001 at 14:01:21:

I too would like to know where hes at & where i can find any of his books,tapes ect.I found his magazine very inspiring,i have about 24 magazines from around 1986-87,i would sell them for the right price.615-596-7387