Marketing/adverting opinoins? - Posted by ned - il/mo

Posted by ned - il/mo on July 09, 2002 at 16:06:26:

Sounds great…
Now, what to put on them…
Do you deal in rehabs only? If yes, does your card/advertising reflect that?

I am really trying to determine/decide if I want to be general in my marketing (I buy houses) or specific (I buy Fixers).
Thanks…

Marketing/adverting opinoins? - Posted by ned - il/mo

Posted by ned - il/mo on July 09, 2002 at 13:50:14:

Hello…
I have been studying rehabs/flips. I am curious about how to advertise/market. Should I stick with the generic ‘I BUY HOUSES’ or be more specific. I am not opposed to other types of investing but only know the surface of l/o, sub2’s, rentals, etc…

What have others done early in their RE career at the beginning of marketing? Part of me says just market to all and deal with the sellers situation - the other side of me says to market ‘I buy Fixers’ and stick with what I studied to this point.
Opinoins???
Thanks,
Ned

Re: Marketing/adverting opinoins? - Posted by Tom Bujnowski

Posted by Tom Bujnowski on July 09, 2002 at 15:26:51:

I do a lot of rehabs. My suggestions. Try to be different. Study direct response marketing which means making a customer respond directly to your offer

The least expensive form of marketing starting out are business cards. Print on both sides or even create one that opens up. Pass them out to everyone - all over the place- restaurants, cleaners, bookstores, etc. Let people know what you do.

Get to know REO realtors who do a lot of business. Offer them incentives to feed you properties.

Just a couple ideas off the top of my head!!