Marketing idea for new guys. - Posted by Bill (NY)

Posted by Bill (NY) on April 26, 2002 at 13:32:08:

bbb

Marketing idea for new guys. - Posted by Bill (NY)

Posted by Bill (NY) on April 25, 2002 at 16:31:23:

Try this, it seems to be getting alot of attention.

If you look at properties on line you probably noticed the local MLS numbers are provided.
In your area look for the highest numbers. These are the most recent listings, lowest are the oldest. Start in the middle and work down to the oldest in the price range or area you are looking for. The e-mail address of the listing agent is almost always provided.
Go into MS word and create a new document stating what you are looking for and listing your criteria. While browsing on-line, e-mail this new document to the listing agent from word as an attachment.(saves you from typing it all the time) In the subject heading of e-mail just put MLS #00000000, whatever # it is. For example, the subject heading here is “Marketing ideas for new guys.” Then put “please see att. below” in normal mail space.

Mine outlines things like: Investor has cash available if owner is willing to consider sale at 75% of list price. Looking for listings about to expire, owner financing, possible LOs, paying up to 75% of list, all cash. Stuff like that. Gettin the word out. Rattling the cage.

Have about a 50% response rate but only two out of 25 sent yesterday came back positive. The rest telling me everything was selling at or near asking price. One guy even e-mailed back to say he didn’t know his computer was powerful enough to get e-mail from other planets. Wanted to know what planet I was from?

E-mail addresses also get saved in your sent file for future use.

Just doing what I can, hope it helps

Bill

Re: Marketing idea for new guys. - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on April 25, 2002 at 16:50:06:

And if you sent it to me, it would never be opened and instead would be deleted. I don’t open attachments from folks I don’t know.

Instead, create a text file (Or you can still use Word) and lay out the details you put forth of what you are looking for etc… Then save that file on your computer.

Now when you find a property mls number like you talked about, open up the e-mail and put the subject as before with your MLS # heading. Now copy and paste the message right into the message body instead of an attachment.

Re: Marketing idea for new guys. - Posted by Bill (NY)

Posted by Bill (NY) on April 25, 2002 at 17:36:50:

Tim

I have the document in MS word but, being fairly new to using the computer this way, how do I paste and copy? Do I go to word first and copy from there then paste? How do you create a text file if I can’t figure the copy and paste out?

Thanks

Bill

Re: Marketing idea for new guys. - Posted by jeff

Posted by jeff on April 25, 2002 at 18:14:26:

learn the puter, it is very usefull. what you are trying to do is simple, yes you go to word first. take that message you have saved in word for realtors, and simple click the right mouse button at the bottom of the page (or top) and while holding it down you drag the mouse to the top (or bottom) of the page. everythign in between gets highlited (usually blue). after everythig is highlited you put the mouse cursor no the blue part and left click, youll get a grey menu box pop up. ni that box you have an option that says COPY. right click it. then open your email program and nistead of adding attachment, you go down to where yuo normally type in your message and right click again. your grey box pops up again, this time click PASTE. now you have transferred yuor word program to email text. your good to go. text sends faster than attachments too, thats another advantage.

Re: copy/paste - Posted by Crickett (Seattle)

Posted by Crickett (Seattle) on April 26, 2002 at 12:52:44:

Alternate method using keyboard shortcuts:

1. inside the open doc containing the text you want to copy, press Ctrl+A. This highlights the entire text.

2. Press Ctrl+C to copy the highlighted text.

3. Go to the email; place your cursor in the body where you want the text to go; press Ctrl+V to paste it.

Crickett

Re: Marketing idea for new guys. - Posted by Bill (NY)

Posted by Bill (NY) on April 25, 2002 at 18:45:33:

Jeff

Thanks for the tip. Simple as pie. I admit I have much to learn on the magic box.

Bill