Marketing my houses to apartment dwellers... - Posted by Bob-MD

Posted by Alicia - IL on March 21, 2000 at 22:17:30:

I run a little classified ad in the newspaper, it goes something like this: why rent when you can own? if you
pay your rent and work you can own your own home. call…" I get lots of calls. That’s how I found the people who are lease optioning my next house, …
I also find buyers for my investor clients, since they usually need owner financing of some kind. I get several calls every week,
Good Luck…

Marketing my houses to apartment dwellers… - Posted by Bob-MD

Posted by Bob-MD on March 21, 2000 at 19:52:17:

I rehab houses and am trying to find ways to eliminate using realtors to sell my completed projects. Often there are apartment complexes near my houses and I can’t help but think that there must be a few people living there that might like to buy one of my remodeled houses. There must be a way to reach them without irritating the the management of the complex. Can mailing lists be bought for a very specific mailing area like this? Any ideas on how to reach these people?

Bob

Re: Marketing my houses to apartment dwellers… - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on March 22, 2000 at 04:30:45:

Hi Bob-

I forgot to add to my other post not to forget using the newspaper to advertise in.

Also, For your marketing check with the companies in your area that mail the coupon booklets out with all of the different specials in the area such as the pizza places,etc.

-Hope this gives you ideas, Chris

Re: Marketing my houses to apartment dwellers… - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on March 22, 2000 at 04:14:50:

Bob-

Placing your ad openly on apartment complex property may irritate the management even if it is on the community bulletin boards they have. Lists could be a good way to go. You can look in your Yellow Pages under MAILING LISTS and make some calls for pricing, many firms are on the web like the ones below. Check with businesses in the area of these complexes such as grocery stores to see about placing a flyer on their community bulletin board with the pull strips at the bottom with your number. You may want to tear a few off before posting to place in the minds of your prospects that there is already interest in your houses.

If you want to save some money and you have time head down to your library and go to the reference desk. Ask for the criss-cross directories. These list all addresses in your city as well as who lives there and telephone if listed. Much of this is on the internet, but instead of searching one by one you just photocopy the pages you need at the library and you are set.

http://www.acculists.com/

http://dir.yahoo.com/Business_and_Economy/Companies/Marketing_and_Advertising/Direct_Marketing/Direct_Mail/Mailing_Lists/

-Chris

Re: Marketing my houses to apartment dwellers… - Posted by Tarun_md

Posted by Tarun_md on March 21, 2000 at 21:31:39:

Bob,
To find buyers for my lease option deals, I usually put flyers on car windsheilds in apartment complexes. I did get a few calls like that. However, I ended up getting calls from some irrate property managers as well.
Hopefully someone else will respond to your post with a better way of doing this.
Tarun