Marketing - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on May 25, 1999 at 11:19:19:

Tyler,

The flyer idea came from Bill Bronchick’s “Lease/Option Workshop” course. It’s a great course, full of information, easy to read and available right here at CRE On-line.

Glad I could help.

Bill K. (AZ)

Marketing - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on May 24, 1999 at 12:19:54:

In light of the “new board”, I propose we start a discussion
on Marketing for deals whether L/O, flip, create note, whatever.

Probably the best way would be for us to give a brief description of the type of deals we concentrate on and our prospecting methods.

I run ads, make the calls but the deals are nowhere to be found. My market is hot, hot,hot!!! It’s so frustrating that I somrtimes feel like throwing in the towel.

Please, please share with all how you find them deals.

Frustrated.
Jeff

Re: Marketing - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on May 24, 1999 at 13:00:39:

Jeff,

Frustration is natural, but DON’T throw in the towel. You just have to turn over more stones.

The Phoenix market is hot as well. However, I have been able to find leads. My best source of leads has been direct mail of an informational brochure to 300 out-of-state owners of property, and hand-delivered door hangers to 10,000 homes.

I’ve purchased 1 home from my mailing program that will provide me with a check for over $20,000 in a couple of weeks. And, I made an offer on Saturday to a seller who found out about me through my door hanger campaign. The seller accepted the offer, but it requires the lender to accept a discount. If they accept, I’ll be looking at a $30,000 payday in that transaction. I don’t need too many $20-$30,000 deals to make a decent living.

Keep your chin up, and remember…there are always more stones to turn over.

I wish you the best.

Bill K. (AZ)

Re: Marketing - Posted by Trevor

Posted by Trevor on May 24, 1999 at 17:54:53:

Bill,

How would you go about finding 300 names of out-of-state owners?
Thank you for your reply.
Trevor

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on May 24, 1999 at 18:20:28:

Trevor,

My title company searches the county database for out-of-state owners. They provide me with the mailing labels.

By the way, I’ve brought this up before. My title company does this for FREE. Just ask them what they can do for you. You might be surprised to find out what services your title company will provide at no charge. Of course, they want to hear that you’ll be using them to close your transactions. But, hey, you gotta use somebody!

Bill K. (AZ)

Re: Marketing - Posted by Trevor

Posted by Trevor on May 25, 1999 at 09:41:57:

Thank you Bill. That is very helpful. Do you hire high school kids to do your door hangers? 10,000 is quite a few to do yourself.

Trev

Re: Marketing - Posted by Tyler

Posted by Tyler on May 25, 1999 at 01:00:37:

Bill,

I’ve got a pile of 500 mailing labels sitting in front of me, along with a “six line” on each property giving me the address of the owner, and the subject property, as well as the last sale amount, taxes, and more. Very cool. All for free, too!

Did you come up with your own letter, or did you get one from a course??

NT

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on May 25, 1999 at 11:17:18:

Trevor,

I hired a local advertising agency to design, print and deliver the door hangers.

I considered using school kids, but heard horror stories about “dumping” them into trash cans and then calling to collect the fee for all of their hard.

It costs a little more, but I’m confident that my hangers are getting distributed.

Bill K. (AZ)