MASONRY CURTAIN WALL - Posted by Lynn

Posted by Lynn on May 20, 2005 at 09:21:49:

Thanks. That’s exactly what I pictured a “curtain wall” would be. I don’t think a foundation with frost footings would be a “curtain wall”.

MASONRY CURTAIN WALL - Posted by Lynn

Posted by Lynn on May 04, 2005 at 13:19:30:

Does anyone know the exact definition of “masonry curtain wall”?

City code reads “The manufactured house is set up in accordance with the recommended installation procedures of the manufacturer and the standards set by the National Conference of States on Building Codes and Standard and published in “Manufactured HOmes Installations, 1987” (NCS BCS A225.1), and a continous, permament masonry foundation or masonry curtain wall, unpierced except for required ventilation and access, is installed under the perimeter of the manufactured home.”

Permament masonry foundation would be foundation with frost footings or a basement.

What is “masonry curtain wall”?
Does the wood “permament” refer just to “masonry foundation” or also to “masonry curtain wall”?

I know–ask the city–the high and mighty city officials can hardly read. They tell everyone that a manufactured home cannot be put in the city limits outside of a MHP unless it is on a frost free foundation or a basement. They won’t answer “what is a masonry curtain wall”?

Also–does anyone know where to get a copy of the “Manufactured HOme Installation, 1987”?

Re: MASONRY CURTAIN WALL - Posted by Nathan

Posted by Nathan on May 04, 2005 at 22:22:37:

Be happy to since I was a masonry contractor for 20 years. “Masonry” meaning either concrete or block or brick, stone, you get the idea. Frost line is how deep down in the dirt that it freezes in the winter. Footing, a ditch filled with concrete, with the bottom equal to the depth of the frost line. Masonry curtain wall, what a bunch of ignorant city workers, the reason they wont answer you is because they probably dont know. A masonry curtain wall is like the block wall under a house, in most cases for a D/W you only use 4" concrete blocks layed on top of the footing. That is layed by a block layer. In other words, it looks like the foundation on a house. Any local contractor should be able to answer that question for you. By the way, tell them that it is a non-load bearing wall. Nathan

Re: MASONRY CURTAIN WALL - Posted by Lynn

Posted by Lynn on May 05, 2005 at 08:58:29:

Thanks for your reply, I’m feeling really stupid. What is the difference between “permament masonry foundation” and “masonry curtain wall”?

Re: MASONRY CURTAIN WALL - Posted by Harry ¶

Posted by Harry ¶ on May 19, 2005 at 19:04:25:

This looks like an example of a “masonry curtain wall”.