Matt Bowman's Lease option system - Posted by CharlesTN

That is a Lie - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on January 29, 2002 at 23:16:55:

Absolutely NOT true.

Re: Okay Charles - Posted by ScottS

Posted by ScottS on January 29, 2002 at 24:01:43:

Charles,

Actually, I have not personally had a problem with either Matt or Jim. I almost consider us as “alumni” as we all started out just about the same time. I do believe I might have been ahead of them by just a tad. But that’s not the point.

My point is, and your reply to JP above shows me you still do not understand. Why would anybody with enough experience in doing real estate deals need to be told that the course they are offering has some very important shortfalls? Not to mention, almost admit the shortfalls noted were valid by changeing the course. That’s someone who is still learning if you ask me.

Now you may want to make me believe that we are all learning everyday. While I might be inclined to agree to some extent, I will say we are not offering ourselves as “experts” by writing courses and offering mentorship either.

The one major difficulty I have seen from Matt (and others to be honest) is that they tried to force their way onto the site. It’s been done numerous times, another writer named Jeff did the same thing. Knowing there was scores and scores of new investors who would want to buy an inexpensive course they paste posts and websites all over this site. Most often very blatent in their approach. After a while they moved on and finally understood the owners of the site weren’t going to have it.

Call if holding a grudge if you will, but I have been visiting this site since some of the very early days, and I won’t forgive them for it. They are just one of the reasons a good many real experienced folks have moved away from the site.

You think this site offers good info now? You should have seen some of the people who you could sit in the chat room and visit with for hours. Real investors with years and years of experince. Not people like Matt, Jim, and myself with only a few years and many different economic situation ahead of us.

I’ll admit my opinion most likley will not change the fact that they will still be offering it. I’m OK with that. But When asked to give my honest opinion I feel I must.

Charles, I’m sorry to have rambled and sort of “unloaded” on you. I’ll admit these feelings have been some of the reasons I’ve moved away some also. It’s that I’m very grateful for this site, amoung others, and won’t deal with folks who attempt to use the hard work JP, Terry, and Jeannie have put into this site to build it to be what it is simply because their wares have been rejected. That is a business practice used by companies and individuals I simply refuse to deal with.

Hopefully you understand where I’m coming from.

Scott Smith

Re: That is a Lie - Posted by DD

Posted by DD on February 01, 2002 at 14:52:06:

JP,

I feel your site; articles, discussions, books, etc… are a great source. HOWEVER, my problem is the lack of direction some of the people posting have. Being new in the real estate game, I am having a difficult time learning from the ‘pros’ on the site. Jim Mitchell, Jeff Bebeian, Matt Bowman, Pete, and others, seem to continuely have to stick up for themselves, and not do what they intended to do; TEACH PEOPLE THE BUSINESS!! All I want to do is be educated and ‘guided’ by the people that have done it. What is your suggestion? I have seen information on all these L/O course, whcih I would like to start in, but there isn’t anough conclusive evidence to puchase any of them. So much negative comments, block out the little positive comments. What do you suggest?