Medical offices & changes to health insurance - Posted by Greg

Posted by Penny on June 04, 2009 at 19:32:36:

I’d be thinking about the exit strategies for this property. The more, the better. Are there other non-medical businesses that could benefit from the location near the hospital at lease rates that would cash flow for you? What other uses could there be for the property? What kind of cash flow would it kick out and how soon would you get your investment back? Is the building something you could resell later? Set it up as individual condos for the health care businesses for a profit? I’m rambling a bit here, but you get the idea.

Just some thoughts. Health care will definitely continue to be an important industry but who knows what it will look like with all the proposals floating around. Understanding the local market for more than just health care and solid, multiple exit strategies would be important to me.

HTH.

Medical offices & changes to health insurance - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on June 02, 2009 at 08:27:48:

I’ve found a medical office building near a hospital that I am looking to purchase. I chose this type of property because the health care industry is still going strong during these hard times. Great location, strong cap rate, long-term tenants, etc. However, I’m having second thoughts with the constant news about the gov’t making drastic changes to health insurance. Any advice…