Meeting seller about 14 homes - need ideas - Posted by Scott Buchanan

Posted by Oliver on July 08, 2003 at 16:59:28:

You’re probably going to have to be a bit more specific if you’re looking for specific feedback.

In general, you’re going to have to dump a couple thousand to get the mhs moved. Hopefully you have a place to move them to already lined up. Remember, Lonnie says only buy it if all of your expenses, when added up, will still be two or three thousand (give or take) less than what you can sell it for. Do you already have some experience in this area? Do you have a list of buyers already growing?

Meeting seller about 14 homes - need ideas - Posted by Scott Buchanan

Posted by Scott Buchanan on July 08, 2003 at 15:04:16:

Hello,

I’m meeting a seller about 14 older mobile homes tomorrow in “various states of disrepair”. They’ll all need to be moved. They were rental units and are being sold by the park owner so they can be replaced by new(er) homes. I’ve read Lonnie’s books and have listened to his home study course. I’ll be reviewing all for ideas but thought I’d see if you folks had any thoughts. Thanks for any input.

Scott Buchanan

Doing MHP a favor… - Posted by Doug (Alabama)

Posted by Doug (Alabama) on July 08, 2003 at 19:06:34:

You are really helping the MHP out. It will cost a ton to move and set up all the homes so you should get in really-really cheap. I wouldn’t pay more than 500 each and that is being generous. I’m still suffering from doing a simular deal. Live and learn but try to do it small time.
Good Luck.