Mentor Financial Group, 5,000 worth? - Posted by L(NYC)

Posted by HR on May 08, 2000 at 17:35:03:

These guys produced an “advanced” l/o program that was for sale on mr.landlord. I bought it, and it was the only thing I have ever returned in rei. It was unbelievably horrible.

Image two guys applying basic marketing principals in their basement during a video. Excuse me: they were dressed in suits, so I guess that gave it some class. Their ideas were unoriginal, stale, and obvious knock-offs of others. In fact, from the degree of ignorance of rei, I concluded they had done very few deals… they were into being gurus instead. Gurus in their own minds.

5k for schlock mentoring? What an enormous waste of money. Check out some of the courses that interest you here; check out what’s available from barnes and noble. Heck, incorporating, getting customed designed letterhead, and all these courses won’t cost you 5 grand. Don’t waste your money.

Do an archive search regarding getting started. The way to OZ has been laid out in posts by many others. Follow their advice, make offers, and you can turn that 5k into 10k in no time at all.

HR

Mentor Financial Group, 5,000 worth? - Posted by L(NYC)

Posted by L(NYC) on May 08, 2000 at 09:33:32:

Hey everyone,
I recently went to visit a REI club in NYC and as a guest speaker they had a co-owner of the Mentor Financial Group, located in Lakewood, CO., Peter Conti (his partner is David Finkel) He gave an interesting lecture on L/O and the techniques they use when dealing with sellers, and management techniques that they also have, such as a contract with the tenant buyer to cover any maintenance or problems that fall under 200, the resaon for this was to not spend time dealing with petty problems and more time finding properties. Well the lecture was positive and informative, but at the end …came the pitch.
To be part of the mentoring program will cost 5,000 and this will include a 3-day bootcamp course, and then they will be your mentor for three properties to start, and they promise the student making 10,000 within 3 months. They also provide assistance with some sellers by actually calling themselves to maybe close the deal, the benefit for them, is to split the profits 50/50 on your first three deals. At first it sounded great but I didnt let the moment get me, I first wanted to run this by some more experienced REI’s.
In my opinion I think it might beneficial since I have yet to do any deals, and that maybe by working with them I can get some focus and some learning, as well as some material to have a foundation with.
On the toher hand Im thinking if I should keep on studying and hopefully do my first deal the right way, you know the whole fear thing, Any suggestions or advice would be helpful. Has anyone heard of groups like this or maybe about this group specifically.Thanks.