mentors......sheets - Posted by marty johnson

Posted by michael on September 24, 2003 at 08:59:31:

Ron, I just wanted to tell you on a public forum how much I have appreciated your well though out and generally positive comments on real estate investing. You are well informed and appear to really want to help others. I have heeded your advise on many occassions. I also wanted to thank you for your recent purchase of a program I sold on ebay. You are a person who realizes that an education in real estate never really stops.
regards,
Mike (successbooks)

mentors…sheets - Posted by marty johnson

Posted by marty johnson on September 23, 2003 at 10:48:28:

yes…the so called “mentors” will try to get you!!! i had a guy named Chris calling me at work nearly everyday for a week! everytime i told him i could not spend $3000 on him when i hadnt even began my course yet. i guess he finally got the hint. i am using the C. Sheets course…just started. would love to hear from others who have had sucess with it!!! memphis816@yahoo.com…p.s. john reed…jack reed…jack a**…whatever his name is, he’s a jerk!!!

Re: mentors…sheets-reed - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on September 29, 2003 at 20:56:21:

You got the first part right, but the second part wrong. Jerks are the ones who make unsubstantiated comments.

Re: mentors…sheets - Posted by Jerry Martin NC

Posted by Jerry Martin NC on September 25, 2003 at 19:57:32:

Use the course lose the mentor!!!

Re: mentors…sheets - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on September 23, 2003 at 18:34:14:

Marty,

I dont understand what John Reed has to do with the Carleton Sheets mentoring service.

I never recommend to anyone just starting out in REI to use a mentoring service. I just think they are much to costly.

What I would recommend is to go over your course several times if you need to. And dont jump into REI right away. Maybe after you finish the Sheets course explore other authors with different points of view.

The more knowledge you have the better off you will be when its time to structure your first deal.

Best of luck,

RichV(FL)

Re: mentors…sheets - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 23, 2003 at 11:42:50:

Marty Johnson-------------

What makes you say that Jack Reed is a “jerk?” Have you met him? Have you read any of his materials? What backs up your characterization?

Good InvestingRon Starr