Merle Woolley - Posted by JR

Posted by Doug Pretorius on September 08, 2003 at 09:04:52:

I didn’t mean that Merle is having a hard time getting private lenders. He’s replacing the 80 he had with bank financing mainly because it’s cheaper (4.25% compared to 7.5%) but also because of new laws (he didn’t elaborate on what the laws are and how they’re effecting his business.)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Merle Woolley - Posted by JR

Posted by JR on September 06, 2003 at 16:52:05:

Anyone have the complete old course Private Lenders that he wrote that you would like to sell?

Re: Merle Woolley - Posted by Doug Pretorius

Posted by Doug Pretorius on September 07, 2003 at 07:41:35:

Since Merle doesn’t post here anymore, I thought I’d share the gist of a recent email:

He is replacing his private lenders with bank financing. He cited two reasons; 1) new federal and state laws, and 2) cheap bank money.

According to him it’s just too expensive and difficult to use private lenders anymore.

Re: Merle Woolley - Posted by Robert TX

Posted by Robert TX on September 06, 2003 at 19:31:38:

I would love to get a copy also. I have searched the internet for any that might be for sale and have yet to have any luck.

However, I have downloaded much of his posting and saved them in a document file. If you would like a copy just let me know.

Re: Merle Woolley - Posted by Jonathan RexfordFL

Posted by Jonathan RexfordFL on September 07, 2003 at 13:32:53:

Interesting. I have found it just the opposite. I got a copy of his course Two years ago. I have been using private money for awhile now. (Longer than that). Personally I am taking a break from Lender financing. Sure money is cheap but I have been burned out…lol. Getting private money is even easier now than it has been in the past. Now I understand that the issue of having more than one lender on a mortgage thing but I have found more money in the last two years than ever.

Jonathan Rexford