Meth houses - Posted by Freeman

Posted by Randy on August 23, 2003 at 09:03:59:

I would stay clear of any property suspected of being a ?Meth House? unless it has been cleaned up by HAZMAT, those guy?s in the white suites with gloves and masks. There are many dangerous potentially hazardous materials used in the ?cooking? of meth. If you suspect one of your tenants is producing the stuff call the DEA. If they find them first you can lose the property in a drug seizure, or at the very least have the expense of clean up ? try finding a family that will move into that one.

Meth houses - Posted by Freeman

Posted by Freeman on August 23, 2003 at 08:38:21:

I recently heard of a foreclosure house in my town that had been contaminated by methamphedamine (sp?). A friend of mine was looking at it, but he was told that he could not get it insured. No insurance, no loan, no purchase. Also, what if you are a landlord and a tenant cooks meth in your house. What can you do?

Re: Meth houses - Posted by Brian (NoCA)

Posted by Brian (NoCA) on August 23, 2003 at 21:32:37:

I would steer clear of any house that was or is used to make meth. Even if you do get it cleaned up properly and cleared by the city/county you still may have trouble re-selling it. Here in CA you would have to disclose something like that, and like Randy said would anyone you know want to move their family into a former meth lab? I know I wouldn’t.

Regards,
Brian