mh dealer question - Posted by d.newton

Posted by Steve on April 18, 1999 at 19:41:52:

I’m in NJ and have just started to get my license.
I called motor vehicle and they sent me all the forms.
First I have to sent then back two sets of fingerprints
one to the State police and one for the FBI. I don’t understand this. This cost $50. Then I must fill out three or four other forms (application etc…). The problem I seem to have is this. I must get my county zoning people to ok me as a mobile home dealer. This is a little problem. They asked me where my business will be. Well I told him I just run it out of my home and he says I must go before the zoning board to ok this. Well, then I tell him I don’t really do the business out of my home. I just need an address to register for the license. Also I tell him that I will now list my address as a PO Box at the post office and not my home as place of business. He seen to think this is ok. But wait the Div of Motor Vehicle says I must have an established place where I can hang a sign of business. So I have to see how this will work out. Also the state says I need to get a surely bond of $10,000. I have to call a company for this.

The license is $100 plus $150 for dealer plates. I don’t need dealer plates as far as I can see.

Well I hope this helps.


mh dealer question - Posted by d.newton

Posted by d.newton on April 17, 1999 at 17:38:33:

I live in pennsylvania and i was wondering if i need a license to buy and sell mobile homes? If so how much do they cost and how hard are they to get them?

Re: mh dealer question - Posted by Curtis

Posted by Curtis on April 21, 1999 at 15:30:57:

I live in Minnesota and here you need a license from the commerce department to sell mobile homes. One of the requirements for a license which most people can’t meet is two years of experience working for a licensed dealer.