MH IN TEXAS - Posted by Bill

Posted by David Alexander on May 14, 1999 at 11:44:38:

Bill,

that’s exactly what you should do, do a couple of deals to see if Dealing in MH’s is for you. It’s not for everyone.

David Alexander

MH IN TEXAS - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on May 13, 1999 at 11:03:47:

Is anyone working mobile homes in Texas? What kinds of liscensces or taxes do I need to know about? Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: MH IN TEXAS - Posted by Rose

Posted by Rose on May 13, 1999 at 20:57:11:

I have just finished reading both of Lonnie’s books and am looking forward to doing deals in Texas.
I have the license and title information which I got by calling the Texas dept of housing and community affairs manufactured housing division. Their number is
512-475-2200. They will send you the informarion within a few days after you request it.
Good luck
Rose.

Re: MH IN TEXAS - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on May 13, 1999 at 23:26:49:

I will contact them tomorrow. Now for the qualifications for the license and the cost…

Thanks for helping.

Re: MH IN TEXAS - Posted by Rose

Posted by Rose on May 14, 1999 at 06:03:04:

You can do two per year without a licence. I got that information verbally when I called. To get a license, you need to attend a 20 hour class in Austin and the cost is $125. You need to get bonded for $50,000,
and you need to pay an annual fee of $225. I do not know how much the bonding cost.

Rose

check out www.tdhca.state.tx.us/mh.htm for Texas law. - Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX

Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX on May 18, 1999 at 09:31:52:

My reading of the law is you can only do one without license.

Re: MH IN TEXAS - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on May 14, 1999 at 10:37:29:

That sounds reasonable, depending on the class schedule. I wonder if you could do 2, to see if you can, and then get liscensed. That is probably too risky for my comfort zone.