MH investing in Oklahoma - Posted by John Lowry

Posted by BRnBA on January 27, 2000 at 07:57:00:

John, I think you better read it again. That’s not the way I interpret the statute. “No person, firm or corporation shall be considered a manufactured home dealer as to any manufactured home purchased or aquired by such person, firm or corporation for purposed OTHER THAN RESALE.”

MH investing in Oklahoma - Posted by John Lowry

Posted by John Lowry on January 27, 2000 at 04:19:15:

This is Title 47 S.S. 1102.14. I found this in my Law book that I was issued by the MPD. If I interpret this right, there is no need for a “Dealers License” for OK, as long as the MH is in YOUR name. I thought that some of you from Oklahoma would be interested in this.

“Manufactured home dealer” means any person, firm or corporation engaged in the business of selling any new and unused, or used, or both new and used manufactured homes. Such information and a valid franchise letter as proof of authorization to sell any such new manufactured home product line or lines shall be attached to said applicaiton for a dealer license to sell manufactured home. “Manufactured home dealer” shall not include any person, firm or corporation who sells or contracts for the sale of his own personally titled manufactured home or homes. No person, firm or corporation shall be considered a manufactured home dealer as to any manufactred home purchased or acquired by such person, firm or corporation for purposes other than resale; provided, that the restriction set forth in this sentence shall not prevent an otherwise qualified person, or firm corporation from utilizing a single manufactured home as a sales office;

Also in Title 47 S.S. 1135:

License fees for a manufactured home registered pursuant to the provisions of Section 20 of this act [Section 1117 of this title] shall be as follows:

1. Where the actual selling price, excluding Oklahoma state taxes, is One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00) or less, the registration fee shall be Twenty-Five Dollars ($25.00);
  2. Where the actual retail selling price, excluding Oklahoma state taxes, is in excess of One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00), the registration fee shall be Twenty-Five Dollars (25.00) plus seventy-five cents ($0.75) for each One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) or any fraction thereof, in excess of One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00).

I hope this does help somebody out there. If I did not interpret this right, please let me know.

Thanks

JohnMOK
John Lowry
Muskogee, OK