MH License Requirements....Does everyone have an actual office? - Posted by Mike

Posted by Ed Ortiz on April 26, 2000 at 21:48:15:

Check the posting below:

MH dealers license/Texas.

Hope this helps,
Ed Ortiz

MH License Requirements…Does everyone have an actual office? - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on April 26, 2000 at 21:44:53:

I am reading Deals on Wheels right now, and cannot believe how easy it to profit from these things. I am calling the DMV tomorrow to find out Texas’ licensee requirements (unless someone here can tell me what they are)but if they tell me I have to have an actual physical office, what do I do? I am part time, and working out of my home office right now. I also do not have a corporation set up yet for this, and need to generate some cash prior to completing that. Anyone have suggestions for how to start this from the home and at a low cost? Much Thanks.

Re: MH License Requirements…Does everyone have an actual office? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on April 28, 2000 at 19:43:35:

You need to call the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs, they also have a website, TDHCA something or other.

They can set you straight with all the forms etc.

David Alexander

I do, and here’s why - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on April 27, 2000 at 11:02:46:

Hi Mike,
I’m not sure about TX law, at all (in regards to MH’s), I would listen to Ed, or David Alexander (in fact he’s probably sick of all the people I refer to him in TX…lol).
Anyhow I do have an office and here are the reasons why:

1.) I like to run all of my businesses out of one central location,
a.) where I can be easily reached
b.) where I can keep an I on the troops etc.

2.) I don’t like clients (investors, buyers and sellers) traipsing through my home.

3.) I live outside of my economic demographic as far as Mobile Homes.

4.) I like to get up in the morning and actually “go” to work, I enjoy the drive and use that “quiet” time to think and organize, (also to listen usually to a tape, Lonnie’s home study course is great).
Also I find that I am type that actually gets more done if I am away of the out home distractions.

But these are “my” thing, if someone where just getting into Lonnie deals and most likely doing these part time, then I see no reason why a corner of the house, or a home office would not be fine.
You can always meet with buyers and sellers at the mobile home, or at a corner McDonald’s or something.
Anyhow I think really you want to go with what works best for YOU. If the law in your particular local says you have to have an office, then rent an office.
But I would suggest if one is a newbie, why go out and spend a bunch of money on an office and furnish it, when they can spend that money in a deal.
Anyhow hope this helps.
Dirk