MH License/ Texas/Ed Ortiz - Posted by Zulema

Posted by Ed Ortiz on April 27, 2000 at 08:33:04:

Hi Zulema, I’m glad that you decided to get some more information on the subject.
It seems that some people posting on this board are using licensing and regulations
as an excuse not to get started.
I just started on this at the end of '99 and even though I had been involved with R.E.
one way or another since '94, I had never looked at MH’s as an option because of depreciation,ect,ect. That until I found out about creonline and “Deals on Wheels”.
I highly recommend that you get this book. Is written in a way that is really easy
to understand and gives you what you need in order to get started with this bussiness.
It will also give you inside secrets on how this deals are done.
As far as licensing, Lonnie also touches a little on this subject on his book.
Right now I’m not licensed but looking at the possibility of doing it in the near future.
Keep posting.I’m sure there is other investors on this board that have way more
experience than I do and that will be able to help you.
Also, there has been other postings on this subject in the past couple days.

Mucha suerte,
Ed Ortiz

MH License/ Texas/Ed Ortiz - Posted by Zulema

Posted by Zulema on April 26, 2000 at 22:57:40:

Ed Ortiz, I want to thank you for responding to my posts. I really appreciate it. As a matter of fact, I called today to request info to be sent concerning the education course required for license. Ed, I would still like to know if a specific office space is required. If so, how do you handle this? Also, if I’m only interested in buying and selling used homes would I need a dealers/brokers license. Thank You, Zulema