MH question. - Posted by Chad

Posted by SusanL.–FL on December 16, 1999 at 10:32:21:

Since my options to sell in a 55+ park were much more limited (than a family park), I had a chat with the PM?s hubbie. He told me that they?d let (age) 53 ?fly?. Wow?.

However—I DID notice that there were younger people residing in my park and wondered what was up! So–I tracked down the park lawyer (because I wondered about a possible ?discrimination issue?).

Lawyer told me that the (55+) parks DO have to allow a certain percentage of other age ranges in. You may want to check this out, OTHERWISE you could be ?sitting? on your investment for QUITE some time.

Even Dirk R. said that senior parks can be a headache. (I?m having a tylenol one RIGHT NOW!)

Good luck!

MH question. - Posted by Chad

Posted by Chad on December 16, 1999 at 09:59:29:

Had a gentleman repond to one of my “I buy MH ads”.
I normally only buy in family parks, but this is in a 55+ community. Only wants $500 for it. My question is,can someone under 55 even purchase the home. (I called the park mgr, but she is on vacation.)

If not how could I make money on this deal? I was thinking about advetising it for this guy and giving him his $500 and doing a “Lonnie deal” with it when it sells? Could I do that even if he is the owner?

Hope this makes sense. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks,
Chad (FL)