MH Question - Posted by Travis Capps

Posted by Freddy Wells on April 22, 2000 at 08:29:34:

I would say it depends on the quality of the park. I have a park I do business in that approves them for the lot and I then sell them the home. This park is very nice and well kept and I trust their screening procedures.

If the park is a little questionable and has that tired look, I would run the credit check myself to see if I want them in my home or not.

Hope this helps.

MH Question - Posted by Travis Capps

Posted by Travis Capps on April 22, 2000 at 07:12:38:

I’m in the process of doing my first MH deal, and have a question about credit reports for potential buyers. Since the park I’m working in reqires a credit check for the $450/month lot rent, can I assume that if they’re approved by the park, I don’t need to run an additional report on them?

Thanks!

or simply… - Posted by chris_wa

Posted by chris_wa on April 22, 2000 at 12:00:21:

share report the manager runs. why spend the money? the park has to check anyway…you said this is the first time youve worked in this park, so you may want to type up a Credit Release Authorization that you have your buyers sign. Then you walk into the office with that baby and let the PM have a look. Explain to them that you would like to work closely with them to make sure that you are bringing them the best possible tenant. I have found they are more than happy to show it to you. in the future you probably won’t need the sheet…they will simply say(as one of mine does)“i won’t notice if you are standing over my shoulder…” :wink:

hope this helps.

chris_wa