Michigan Mobile Home Dealers License - Posted by John Lyons

Posted by John Lyons on July 17, 2003 at 07:15:29:

Blane , Thanks for your reply ,I am in the Lapeer area but travel around alot . I have checked the papers and nosed around a little and see some potential . I also know that MI. can be a pain with formalities,permits and the like . I would be interested in hearing what the main pain is for you . I dont think I will be much competition for you ,if you are worried about that . I am strictly a small player right now .

Michigan Mobile Home Dealers License - Posted by John Lyons

Posted by John Lyons on July 15, 2003 at 13:39:57:

The requirements in Michigan seem more stringent than what all the material I have read leads me to believe . Before I go through the hoops of applying to the state I was hopeing someone could help me out a bit . Specifically the insurance requirement and the credit check . I have had some credit problems and am working them out but I really dont need to be more embarrassed than I already am about it . Do they just want it on file ,or will they decline my application ?

Re: Michigan Mobile Home Dealers License - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on July 16, 2003 at 16:48:12:

I held off for 2 years from getting my dealer’s license because I thought it would be a pain too. Turned out to be a piece of cake. Nobody ever called me about anything. Got the insurance bond from my car insurance company ($110). Might be a little different now, but IMHO was basically a formality.

Don’t know where you’re at, but if you’re gonna dive in, keep your eyes open. Doing this business in MI IMHO has become a real pain.

Blane