Middle class barely treads water - Posted by John V, FL

Re: Wall Street has been decimated… - Posted by John V, FL

Posted by John V, FL on September 19, 2003 at 10:53:00:

You can say the same thing for telecom and information tech workers. Many too seem to be doing handyman work or debt consolidation loans. Housing and related spinoffs have been the economic saviour.

Re: Middle class barely treads water - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on September 21, 2003 at 15:02:03:

Bryan,

As you already figured out, you can go to the courthouse for divorce records.

How about getting some business cards printed up that say:

Got a Real Estate Problem? (Large bold type)

I can probably help (smaller than headline)

Call Bryan at (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Thanks to Joe Kaiser for that one.

When you read in the paper that some company has massive layoffs, think about it for a few minutes. What would YOU do if you were among the folks laid-off? Would you try to make arrangements to continue your income? At least as much of it as you could. Wouldn’t you go down to the local unemployment department (I think it’s now called “Dept. of Human Resources”) to apply for immediate income?

Would it be too much effort to put up a few flyers or business cards on their bulletin boards? Even if they don’t have bulletin boards, couldn’t you just hand out the flyers and business cards? How about this . . . would it be possible to just leave your business cards on all of the empty chairs . . . or even drop some on the floor.

As for medical problems, how about going to a medical center complex and leaving flyers and/or business cards on the windsheilds of the parked cars. How about going into some of those doctors offices and leave your cards laying around. How about dropping a few cards in the elevators of those buildings? Yes, on the floor. Someone will eventually pick them up, even if it is to throw them away. But in the meantime SOME people will pick them up, especially if they are alone in the elevator at the time.

Bryan, these are ideas that have come to me on the spur of the moment . . . I don’t know if they will work or not. I’ve personally never done any of this. Why don’t you try it and let us know.

This kind of stuff has to be thought about. Figure it out. Let us know how it turns out if you do any of this.

Hope this helps,

Brad