Military Towns - Posted by BR

Posted by BR on November 15, 2000 at 20:52:45:

I’m referring to ‘Subject To’ and Owner Finance type deals for the purpose of Wraps and L/O’s as an exit strategy. There are probably lots of MH’s in these areas but that is not my cup of tea. Thanks for your input! BR

Military Towns - Posted by BR

Posted by BR on November 15, 2000 at 18:09:57:

Anyone doing deals in towns with high military populations?
I’m curious as to the percentile of personel who live off post, and have a few more questions for someone with first hand knowlege.

Re: Military Towns - Posted by ScottS

Posted by ScottS on November 15, 2000 at 23:15:06:

BR,

No one branch has a higher percentage of “off post” people. It depends on the availability of housing on any given base.

Some bases have a large number of units for service members to live in and others have less.

Each base would have to be looked at as an individual base. Too hard to make a sweeping guess.

Hope this helps,

Scott Smith

Re: Military Towns - Posted by Troy W.

Posted by Troy W. on November 15, 2000 at 21:15:13:

Hey BR, I just PCS to Pope AFB NC and I’m just about to get started. I have talked to some folks that own investment properties and the market is GOOD. And it was even good at my last base Mt. Home AFB ID. Just have to be persistence, advertise and learn as much as you can about the landlord business. Because with military folks, people are always PCSing. Especially in the summer and around the holidays. I will keep you informed if you want me too.

Re: Military Towns - Posted by Ron(SC)

Posted by Ron(SC) on November 15, 2000 at 18:50:31:

You know, I think Lonnie’s Mobile Home deals are really made for Millitary Towns.

You might want to ask the MH board

Re: Military Towns - Posted by BR

Posted by BR on November 15, 2000 at 22:08:34:

Thanks Troy! Do you have any idea as to what percentile of personel(on average) reside ‘off post’?
Also would one branch of service be more inclined to have a larger percentile of ‘off post’ personel than another?

Thanks for your input!

BR