MLM or RE Investing? - Posted by MB

Posted by Ron on April 08, 1999 at 19:48:20:

I have been intensivly involved in mlm in the past and I would reccommend real estate 10 to 1 over mlm.
Please be careful of the hype and qoute residual income. They say work once and take the rest of your life off. BULL!!
I hate to put it down but I know of hundreds of people that I feel were used.
There are some good sites on the web to check these out.
I hope this helps and if you do mlm I wish you the best.

MLM or RE Investing? - Posted by MB

Posted by MB on April 08, 1999 at 18:26:28:

Contemplating between whether to develop my RE investing knowledge or go into MLM.

Can anyone help? Anyone doing both MLM and RE investing?
Both would help generate residual cash flow, but I’d think that MLM is more people oriented, and fun.

More profit potential from RE???

MB.

Re: MLM or RE Investing? - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on April 09, 1999 at 22:29:07:

You’re posting to a group of folks who are interested in real estate investing… what do you suppose the response might be :slight_smile: Like anything under the sun, people generally rise to the level they are willing to work for… doesn’t matter if it’s business, government, teaching, real estate… or mlm.

I do both… and enjoy both. Part time MLM effort generates as little as $400 and as much as $1,000 a week net to me, every week.

today I closed a real estate deal and walked with over $50K.

Life is too short to be blowing other people’s candles out, but you’ll find people doing just that almost anywhere you post. Do the things you love and you’ll do fine.

Re: MLM or RE Investing? - Posted by DavidV

Posted by DavidV on April 08, 1999 at 23:12:37:

I tried them both and for me there is no comparison-- Real estate. I made a couple of hundred dollars in mlm, and much more in real estate. I do know people that have made a lot of money in mlm, but they seem to be the exception and not the ordinary. The successful ones (mlm) are the types that approach every person they come in contact with and have ever know and “put the sell on” so to speak. I grew to hate that very quick, but that is not my personality. As far as the cash flow goes the mlm’s i tried aren’t around any more or fizzled. Real estate is by no means a piece of cake, but in my ever so humble opinion a lot more solid. I doubt you’ll find too many people here doing back flips for mlm’s. Like anything, the only way to find out is give them both a shot.

David
p.s. I would rather have a sharp stick in my eye as do mlm again.

Re: MLM or RE Investing? - Posted by James-IN

Posted by James-IN on April 08, 1999 at 22:02:27:

MB,

MLM are built on people. If you like dealing with people then go for Real Estate Investing. It more fun, more potential for succuss, more money, and more control. Don’t have to worry about your downline being takin or lost. Just my thought.

James-IN

PS – Oh, did I mention that real estate is a people business?