MLS access - Posted by leslie

Posted by Matthew Chan on June 20, 1999 at 17:02:43:

I am beginning to find that getting MLS listings is a little overrated in that there are so many RE Agents. Out of only 4 requests, 3 were ready to give me information based on what I was looking for. A couple of days ago, I about ran out of paper on my fax machine, I had so many listings to look at.

Additionally, there seem to be people who are opening up MLS more by becoming transaction brokers. IN my area, there is an online service just for that reason. I havent subscribed to it yet but it looks quite slick. MLS listings look and print better on a web page than from the terminal screen from an RE Agent.

MLS access - Posted by leslie

Posted by leslie on June 19, 1999 at 24:34:10:

is there another way to access the MLS other than finding an agent to work with? (can you tell i’m a newbie?)

thanks!

Re: MLS access - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on June 20, 1999 at 03:08:37:

Many places you can become an associate member of the MLS without being a realtor. The cost is high enough that for the parttimer it is not cost effective. So you call signs in the area and make your best judgement on the value or you ask one of those realtors to run you comps.

Re: MLS access - Posted by Bart

Posted by Bart on June 19, 1999 at 06:18:19:

Yes, try realtor.com. While it doesn’t have all MLS records and it is limited to single family residential it should at least get you started.

Re: So Fla MLS access - Posted by Sandy FL

Posted by Sandy FL on June 20, 1999 at 07:40:38:

Just one comment on what Bud said. (Hi Bud!)
In my area you can apply for an affiliate membership in the realtors association, and then once the dues are paid (quarterly), you purchase the MLS software and subscribe to the service. Even with the dues, the price is competitive for me.
Other local database = about $100 a month ($1200/yr- with limited minutes)
MLS database=$400/yr dues, $30/mo for the service
($760/yr unlimited)

One thing, on the “other database” it does give superior information about liens, but again, you have to pay additional money to get it! (subscribe to The Foreclosure Investor or something)

When I get full MLS access I will tell you what I think about the quality of info. But until then all I can compare is price. I am waiting for July 1 when the dues cost drops (haha).

Re: MLS access - Posted by Jeff Beaubien

Posted by Jeff Beaubien on June 19, 1999 at 15:37:52:

You could go get your Realtor’s license. In most states it doesn’t take too long to get and then you could have all the MLS listings you wanted.

Jeff Beaubien

Re: So Fla MLS access - Posted by Alexander (Fl)

Posted by Alexander (Fl) on June 20, 1999 at 09:51:57:

Sandy:

I am interested in hearing your opinion if you’re going to try this.

Alexander