MLS ? - Posted by LPC

Posted by Soapymac on November 12, 1998 at 07:15:14:

in the second paragraph of John’s message.

If my count was correct, it’s the fourth article on the page.

Cordially,

Soapymac

MLS ? - Posted by LPC

Posted by LPC on November 11, 1998 at 08:33:14:

I am wanting to get started in quick flipping properties. I have heard that real estate agents are not the best way to go. My question is this. I have an acquaintance who is a real estate agent who owns her own company. She obviously has access to the MLS listings. Would it be worth asking her what she can find for me? Since I am unaware of exactly what information the MLS listing provides what specifically should I ask her to look for. Can they tell if a property is an REO? Thank you for any input!

An incredible profit finder - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on November 11, 1998 at 16:20:17:

There are few if any better ways to find good deals than with the MLS. The problem is that you need to know how to do those types of deals. The typical “nothing down” deals most people try to do don’t work well with Realtors and listed properties. Yet, there are dozens of very profitable techniques to use on listed properties. It’s a matter of learning those techniques.

Yes, you can find REO’s, foreclosures and even pre-foreclosures. You can find discounted properties, seller financing - even lease option possibilities. It’s way too long to go into here, but you can learn more in the “How To Articles” section in the article “A Million a Month”. It expands on techniques we have used to buy as much as a million dollars of property per month using agents and the MLS. You just have to learn the intricacies of your particular system. The really helpful information generally is not available to the public or through the internet.

Re: MLS ? - Posted by Bo (GA)

Posted by Bo (GA) on November 11, 1998 at 10:33:11:

Try www.realtor.com for MLS listings.

Re: MLS ? - Posted by m.b.

Posted by m.b. on November 11, 1998 at 08:56:28:

Funny your letter should be right under mine. It’s rather coincidental. I don’t know much about acquiring the MLS, but I would like to know more about flipping properties. Please read my message if you would as posted in the CREonline news group. What do you know about flipping and could you provide some advice? I would appreciate hearing from you with any information. And good luck with that MLS. Someone told me there is an MLS online through the National Board of Realtors. You might want to check the web for that. I think I will do the same. I’ll keep you posted if by chance I hear anything. Thanks!

m.b.

Re: An incredible profit finder - Posted by Paul Macdonald

Posted by Paul Macdonald on November 13, 1998 at 24:42:11:

“The really helpful information generally is not available to the public or through the internet.”

Would it be a reasonable analysis of your statement to assume (yes, I know the definition) that anyone that wished to vastly gear up their personal real estate investment production for properties and notes should become a lisc. real estate agent?

Re: An incredible profit finder - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on November 11, 1998 at 23:12:59:

First,Id like to say that I’ve been reading your
responses to peoples questions in this group for a
couple of weeks now.You seem to be very sincere in
helping people.I commend you on that.Secondly and I
hate to sound dumb,but where do I find the article
“A Million a Month”. I’m very interested in learning
these techniques
Thank You for any information.

Re: MLS ? - Posted by roger

Posted by roger on November 11, 1998 at 22:24:23: