MLS - Posted by Omo_oba

Posted by Carmen_FL on December 16, 1999 at 10:49:57:

You’re right, which is why I put that option as a remote possibility. It is possible, however, to be a non-licensed assistant to a Realtor and have access. The realtor would have to trust you intrinsically. Very unlikely.

As a realtor, I am very protective of my status - you’re right, the last thing I need is the DBPR breathing down my neck - and they are very strict. But I have allowed my husband to access the system, since he is looking up stuff for me as my assistant. Hence the “very” friendly … :b

MLS - Posted by Omo_oba

Posted by Omo_oba on December 16, 1999 at 06:49:20:

Could anyone educate me on how to have direct access to MLS listings without being a Broker; so that I can have a direct
computer access to it anytime, anywhere.

Thanks.
Omo_oba///

Re: MLS - Posted by Shooter

Posted by Shooter on December 16, 1999 at 21:38:48:

The best way to get access to the MLS is through a local RE agent. I simply approached a local agent and told him that I wanted to purchase some SFR’s in his area. I told him that I would use him exclusively to write offers on anything that was listed. I asked him if I could have his old MLS book (they come out every week) to narrow my search down and get an idea of the price ranges for a particular neighborhood. He felt confident that I would not let anyone know that he was giving me his old books. We also have a verbal agreement that if I make a deal with an expired or about-to-be expired listing that doesn’t go through a broker, I will pay him a finder’s fee.

Be careful though, most RE agents will not give you their old MLS books. You need to find one who is open to your investing techniques and trusts the confidentialty.

Maybe… - Posted by Carmen_FL

Posted by Carmen_FL on December 16, 1999 at 08:45:38:

There are some Boards of Realtor that DO allow you to join as an “associate” member if your work is related to real estate. You can then have access to the MLS. You will pay higher fees than Realtors. It is quite expensive - in our area over $800/year. Ask at your local Board of Realtors. Others are very protective and will not allow you. In that case, you can try to find a “very” friendly realtor to allow you to use their software and passcodes, or you will need to work through him/her.

Re: MLS - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on December 16, 1999 at 08:23:21:

You’re not going to get MLS access without a license.

You could go to www.realtor.com which has most of the mls active listings. This information however is limited, and does not include sales.

There are other avenues than the MLS to obtain sales comps. You might read through the posts on this newsgroup for more information on that.

JPiper

Re: MLS for USA - Posted by GL

Posted by GL on December 16, 1999 at 07:16:59:

Here you go

http://www.mls-online.com/

Re: MLS for Canada - Posted by GL

Posted by GL on December 16, 1999 at 07:10:39:

Here you go

http://www.mls.ca/mls/map.asp?gt=c&gc=1&L=1&T=RR&pw=peterborough&map=1

Re: Maybe… - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on December 16, 1999 at 10:20:04:

Maybe ethics are different elsewhere in the country, but my board of Realtors in Orlando fines members $500 per violation for giving out passwords or allowing access to non-members. Ouch!

Re: MLS for USA - Posted by thom

Posted by thom on December 16, 1999 at 08:08:22:

Sorry but mls-online.com is not the true realtor mls.

Re: MLS for Canada, can you help a canadian in Vancouver? - Posted by CosmosCanada

Posted by CosmosCanada on December 16, 1999 at 09:18:42:

Hi,
Cosmos, here in rainy Van.
Know of any out here? (apart from the usual)

or of any good canadian sites?

Cosmos Canada