mobile home: age? - Posted by Ed

Posted by Ed on May 18, 2000 at 16:19:01:

I am going to check with the county; thanks alot.

mobile home: age? - Posted by Ed

Posted by Ed on May 18, 2000 at 10:53:26:

I have a mobile home that needs a little refurbishing. I want to sell it, I am getting it for nothing. However, the current owner has told me that he has had previous potential buyers say they could not complete the deal because they could not move this mobile home because of it’s age(about 15 yrs.). Has anyone ever heard of this? It is in Michigan.

Re: mobile home: age? - Posted by cc

Posted by cc on May 18, 2000 at 22:14:49:

In my area a home built before 1976 cannot be moved from one county to another. If the power is disconnected from one it can not be re-connected.

Re: mobile home: age? - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on May 18, 2000 at 12:15:54:

I’m not familiar with a rule of this type either. You should be able to move the home anywhere, as long as a park will take it. Maybe the current owner misunderstood. Most parks will take a 15-yr. old home.

Just curious, where’s it at?

Blane

Re: mobile home: age? - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on May 18, 2000 at 11:33:13:

I know of no legal restriction anywhere on selling home because of its age. Some parks do require that older homes be moved- though that doesn’t sound like your problem, else you’d not own the home. Of course, all of my buyers would like me to sell them newer 3BR’s in perfect shape…but they do not like my price! As such, many of them make do with older homes…unless they can afford to indulge their personal preference for something newer. Sounds like your buyers are expressing their personal preference.

John Hyre

Re: mobile home: age? - Posted by Ed

Posted by Ed on May 18, 2000 at 16:15:11:

The mobile home is in Breedsville(about 30 mi. west of Kalamazoo).

Some Counties do have - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on May 18, 2000 at 12:13:59:

age restrrictions on older mobile homes being placed on residential lots, but I agree it sounds to me from the post that this Mobile has to be moved upon sale (out of the park) and the last folks simply could not find a home for it.
Dirk