Mobile Home Community - Posted by M Shumate

Posted by Dan Fink on February 21, 1999 at 07:58:57:

The First place is go to the county and get all the spec’s they have on building a MHP.

next a good book is development, marketing and operation of manufactured home comunities. By George Allen from pmn publishing 1-317-888-7156

next go to your state mh assoc. and get all the info and contacts they have after these three sources you should have enough info to build a community

Hope this helps

Dan Fink

Mobile Home Community - Posted by M Shumate

Posted by M Shumate on February 20, 1999 at 18:08:08:

I would like to create a Mobile Home Community in my area. I have researched the need for another one and have found that a clean, well kept, community would be an asset to my area. I live in a rural area with small towns all around. I need help in how to start and complete this process. If you have any suggestions as to financing, were to start, books on the subject, processes, and regulation sources I would appreciate hearing from you

Re: Mobile Home Community - Posted by David S

Posted by David S on February 21, 1999 at 18:06:44:

the very FIRST thing I would do is find out all regulations concerning the mobile homes; size, type, age, sq ft, how much land is required per home/site, etc. go to the city/county and ask for a copy of all regulations. At this point I would NOT tell them what is being considered.

Do you have access to city/county water/sewer?

if not, #2 ask the sanitarian how much land is required for each site while using a central well system. how many sites are allowed per well/per acre?

#3 land cost per acre?

#4 utility cost per site? underground power, septic, water, ammenities, etc.

When you have this info, drop another post.

David S