Mobile Home Crushes Worker - Posted by wwjmaj

Re: stubborn - Posted by Marty (MO)

Posted by Marty (MO) on October 23, 2003 at 20:27:15:

anyone who thinks propane isn’t heavier than air and isn’t heading to the low spot needs to have his head examined- watch how seriously the gas company and the fire department approach a propane leak. 55+ is trying to prove he’s right at the expense of the truth. Drop your ego.

Re: Scientific - Posted by jp

Posted by jp on October 24, 2003 at 13:41:47:

Propane can maintain a liquid state at any temperature, because temperature alone does not dictate what state it maintains. One must also take into account PRESSURE. The temperatures you provided are at 1 atmosphere. If we assume that you mean 1 atmosphere, then propane will remain liquid between -189.9 C and -42.1 C. The temperature at which propane “dissipates” (notice spelling) is undefined because “dissipate” is not clearly defined. That is not a scientific term. If propane is properly maintained within a tank, then it does not dissipate at any temperature because it IS contained. If you break open the tank and the outside temperature is less than -42.1 C then the liquid will just pour out onto the ground. Is this dissipating??? If you break open the container at temperatures well above -42.1C, then the propane will rapidly boil and become gaseous. Is this dissipation??? You see, your questions are as ignorant as you are.

Finally… someone with a clue. - Posted by The55+GuyFromAZ

Posted by The55+GuyFromAZ on October 24, 2003 at 14:32:33:

I can agree with everything in your post… except for the un-necessary comment about “my ignorance”… which was uncalled for.

The point that I’ve been trying to make throughout this entire thread is that propane cannot do what Doc is claiming… at ANY temperature above -42.1C… the point of dissipation.

Therefore my original comment holds… “propane doesn’t run off”.