mobile home deal florida advice needed - Posted by john

Posted by Ernest Tew on February 24, 2001 at 16:41:25:

John, if I understand you correctly, you plan to purchase the two lots and would like to place a mobile home on each.

Assuming the lots are outside the city, you will need to obtain a permit from the county building department. It would be a good idea to make your offer to purchase contingent upon obtaining all the necessary permits. The county will then let you know if there is a legal problem. Be sure to ask them about placing a home on each lot. If the land is not platted, there could be a problem.

Once you obtain the permits, I don’t believe there would be any other legal problems. In your offer to buy, you should ask the seller to provide you with a title insurance binder and policy.

mobile home deal florida advice needed - Posted by john

Posted by john on February 24, 2001 at 12:17:53:

currently i am doing a mobile home deal and want to make sure it is legal. i am purchasing a property(2 lots) from the list of lands outright.property has had mobile on it before being put on list of land. all power, septic,water well are in place already.(will have them all tested and check out anyway).i have a couple of nice mobile homes i have found in other parks for sale cheap.(need to see if they can be moved). questions are: is there anything legally wrong with this deal after i get everything setup.can i resell right away(florida).also would it be better to split the 2 lots( both are 80 x 126 corner lots and are very close to a river and boat ramp). one lot is clear already. the other shouldn,t take long to clear.was thinking of putting a mobile on each if the properties can be split.note:should be able to do each deal for less then $15,000 each.any advice helpful, first time dealing with mobiles. thanks john