Mobile Home Door - Posted by John

Posted by Daphne Lowe on April 19, 2006 at 21:22:53:

Hey Joe, where in GA are you located? I’m looking for a good local MH distributor.

Daphne

Mobile Home Door - Posted by John

Posted by John on April 17, 2006 at 16:13:16:

I was wondering how hard it is to find a new front door for an older mobile home, and is it a lot of trouble to install it? It seems to be an odd size. It measures 78 by 32.25 inches on the outside of the door frame. Door sizes confuse me. Do they sell doors that size and about how much do they cost for a basic door?
Any help would be great. I’m confused.
John

Re: Mobile Home Door - Posted by ~JOe-GA

Posted by ~JOe-GA on April 19, 2006 at 09:38:30:

check out the rough opening… there are standard doors to fit a rough opening that is… 30x72
you can get it with a diamond window,slider window,a 4x24 inch window, or blank door… measure your rough opening and if I can help you futher, let me know… I have several warehouses in the atlanta area that stock hard to find parts… about anything from the ground up…

Re: Mobile Home Door - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on April 17, 2006 at 16:24:50:

Mobile home doors need to be purchased at mobile home supply stores. If you replace with one of these doors the whole change out takes about 20 minutes tops.

Unscrew the door (usually couple dozen 1/4 inch drive screws), remove the door, place the gum like puddy around the perimeter of the door and then place the entire door frame back in the hole. Screw it back in … then peel out!

You can retro fit a traditional house door at much more cost, much more work but it lasts much, much longer.

Tony

Re: Mobile Home Door - Posted by John

Posted by John on April 25, 2006 at 17:36:55:

Thank you Joe for your info.
I’m not too sure about the rough opening of my door, but as best as I can tell by looking at it without taking it out , the rough opening is 30 x 76. The outside frame measures 32 x 78.
If you can give me any advise, I would be greatful.
John

Re: Mobile Home Door - Posted by John

Posted by John on April 17, 2006 at 17:55:59:

Thanks for the info Tony. I’ll keep looking around to see if I can find a door in the size I need. So far I’ve had no luck finding the “odd” size on the internet.
John

Re: Mobile Home Door - Posted by Joe-Ga

Posted by Joe-Ga on April 19, 2006 at 09:29:56:

you can always go up one size and cut the hole to fit the door or… will look in the catalog I have at a local major mobile home distribution center to see what they have …

Re: Mobile Home Door - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on April 17, 2006 at 18:10:57:

Try blevins