Mobile Home insurance in Texas - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by Earl (Austin,TX) on January 20, 2000 at 16:27:12:

They stated that they would insure my 1983 Mobile Home, so I am not sure what’s the oldest home that they will insure.

Mobile Home insurance in Texas - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on January 19, 2000 at 17:40:34:

To those that do Lonnie deals in Texas is there a good insurance company? I can about guess on a sfh but a mobile home I don’t have a clue. Have a MH 14X80-1981 Alta Vista 3/2 needs to be moved first asking price is 8K, haven’t even looked at it. Have a vacant lot with electrical, sewer and zoned for MH, got it for $500. Had to put $1200.00 to clean it off. So I was thinking about moving the mobile to my lot. But don’t know anything about insurance. I have BOTH of Lonnie’s books. GREAT
Thanks,
Dee-Texas

Re: Mobile Home insurance in Texas - Posted by Earl (Austin,TX)

Posted by Earl (Austin,TX) on January 19, 2000 at 18:30:11:

I just received dwelling insurance (no content coverage) on a '83 3/2 mh with Foremost insurance for $258/yr. for 11K worth of coverage and $500 deductible. Contact Patsy or Flo at 512.326.9330, I think they are nationwide. Otherwise you can look in the yellow pages and ask some insurance agents for comparison quotes.

Or contact a Farmers Ins Group agent… - Posted by Michael

Posted by Michael on January 20, 2000 at 15:37:17:

since Farmer’s just bought Foremost…I think they are the largest in the country…believe there is an age limit on trailers that can be covered by them however…

Michael
reserve agent, Farmer’s Insurance