Mobile Home Park Development - Posted by Joe_SoCal

Posted by DougO(NM) on March 08, 2000 at 18:35:54:

I have heard and seen costs per space ranging from $5,000 per site to over $35,000 per site. (Plus land) As you can guess the only answer that is safe is “it depends” As you mentioned, density, number of sites being built, type of construction required, (concrete roads vs. asphalt for example), topography of the land, is it an upscale or bread & butter project ? Local items such as impact fees, tap fees, “consultant fees” to the right people, etc. all play a part. The best thing to do is call up several engineers and perhaps talk to a few folks that have done a sub-division, as your costs will probably be similar.

Good Luck

Doug

Mobile Home Park Development - Posted by Joe_SoCal

Posted by Joe_SoCal on March 08, 2000 at 16:26:16:

As I sit here writing this question, I realize there are no absolute answers and there are many different variables…so please realize I am only looking for an educated guestimate.

I would like to know how much it would cost to develop a mobile home park. Without taking into account the land cost (for simplicity, assume free land), how much would it cost to develop per acre. I realize that the economies of scale would be realized on larger developments. If anyone can give me a rough answer and/or provide a source to locate this info, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Joseph

Start @ $8K/pad and up and expect 5 years and a lawsuit… - Posted by David

Posted by David on March 08, 2000 at 20:30:51:

around these part its hard to start a new one, which is good for the old ones. If the zoning and deed restrictions don’t get you the neighbor’s protests will. Expect 5 years to get all the approvals and expect to have to go to court to enforce your rights to build one. Other than that its a slam dunk.
David