mobile home park - Posted by donna turner

Posted by Lyal on April 29, 2006 at 08:34:37:

Donna,
In my personal opinion there would be no benefit to using an agent as, with few exceptions, they have NO idea how mobile home parks work or the unique considerations involved. Most will take the total income times some “pulled from the air” multiplier and use that to set the price which may or may not reflect the true value.
Go to the mobile home board on this site and pose the question, they’ll probably have some good advice (and you may even find someone who is interested in it).
Lyal

mobile home park - Posted by donna turner

Posted by donna turner on April 28, 2006 at 10:58:16:

I am the owner of a mobile home park in Northport, Alabama(10 minutes from University of Alabama campus.)
House, suitable for owner to live in and operate park, or rent,(cottage style approx. 1500+/- sq. ft., double carport adjoinging house with breezeway and office/shop. 17 lots spread over 8+ acres of slightly wooded, rolling land with
commercial potential in the future. Roads are newly paved asphalt,road frontage on hwy 171 N.) Lots rent for average $160.00 month. own seven homes (one '79 model and rest 90’s and 2000.) nice set up, excellent condition and choice tenants, great rental history. I am planning to put it own the market for $575,000
for sale by owner. annual gross income approx. $56,000, expenses approx. $7500 yr.(the income should increase this year, due to rising rent and other posssibilites to earn(rv spot, double carport separate could be used/charged for storage). I have some real estate experience, I would work on contract with buyer but would have a title company to close for me, but am wondering if it would be better to list with real estate agent . Of course this would take my price considererably higher and I am a motivated seller. What are the benefits to using an agent in my case?
Would appreciate any advice.