Mobile Homes and Digital Cameras - Posted by JimR

Posted by Brad (KSA) on June 16, 2000 at 03:45:01:

You still didn’t answer his question.
Does the company have a name and do they want to sell more of them??

Mobile Homes and Digital Cameras - Posted by JimR

Posted by JimR on June 14, 2000 at 17:17:40:

I may have missed any discussion about using or not using digital cameras in the “Lonnie” business. If so, I apologize. I would like to know if anyone finds them useful and in what ways. Documentation of exterior and interior conditions could become a permanent part of the file, etc. Perhaps it would also help in making a list of things that need to be corrected and the materials to accomplish that. A “handy” buyer could be shown how much the price would be lowered if he could fix this and that.

If you can comment on this either way, I would appreciate it. It seems that it would certainly help one’s memory after looking at a number of units in a short period of time.

Also, any comments on what you think are very good values as far as brand name, model number and price.

Thanks for your time.

Jim

Re: Mobile Homes and Digital Cameras - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on June 15, 2000 at 08:37:05:

I took digital pictures of one of the first homes I bought last Feb. A woman called me, her mother in California was moving to Cincinnati and wanted a mobile home, so I emailed my pics to California, she bought the home the next day over the phone.

I use my camera to make up flyers for the homes I’m selling. I insert the pics in a one page “You can own this home” word document, with inside and outside shots and details on the home, and put one on the screen door and on my bulletin board in the park office. When a potential buyer walks into the office looking for a home, the park manager just points at my flyers. The digital pics are great to work with, I can take the pictures and make the flyer an hour later.

In the past couple months I’ve moved six used homes into one park. For each home I took a picture of the trailer, and then showed the picture to the park manager right on the camera for his approval. Its quick and easy. He has five more lots with my name on them, I’ll show him a pic of every potential home the day I find them.

Plus digital cameras are fun to use. I have a Nikon 900.

Karl Kleiner

Re: Mobile Homes and Digital Cameras - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on June 14, 2000 at 21:48:19:

I use my digital camera when I look at a mobile. I take pictures of the outside, the property across the street and next door. The inside and any problems or any good points of the mobile. I put it in the file. I also take before and after pics of all of my property. I use them to advertise on yahoo (it’s free).
David has a great idea! Never thought of that. Most of my people don’t have a computer. Found a place that sells refurbished dells. Monitor, cpu 1.2gig, mouse and keyboard for $159.00. I mark the mobile up to cover it, and give it to them for buying my mobile. great idea by www.mrlandlord.com.
Dee-Texas
PS the camera idea came from Joe Kaiser.

Re: Mobile Homes and Digital Cameras - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on June 14, 2000 at 18:28:22:

Recently got one and plan on using it in the Mh Business to take a picture as part of the permanent file and so that I can have finders out there email me Pictures of the details so I can make offers.

David Alexander

Re: Mobile Homes and Digital Cameras - Posted by Ed Ortiz

Posted by Ed Ortiz on June 20, 2000 at 20:31:05:

Hi Dee,
I’m in Killeen. can you give me more info on the computer deal???
Thanks in advance,
Ed Ortiz

Refurbished Dells - Posted by Nate

Posted by Nate on June 15, 2000 at 18:08:26:

Hi Dee…

Can you tell me where you’re finding these computers? Is it a local or national outfit?

Thanks in advance

Re: Refurbished Dells - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on June 15, 2000 at 21:33:55:

It’s a small growing company. Their headquarters are in Dallas,Texas, where they warehouse and repair them. Where are you? They told me that they are trying to have 10 centers by December.
Dee-Texas