Mobile homes Buy new or Used ? - Posted by David Hasselberg

Posted by little joe from atlanta on November 26, 2000 at 13:46:55:

By all means if you dont mind doing a little cleaning and carpet laying buy repos. find a repo dealer in your area.They let conseco,greenpoint,ford,and other lenders put repos on their lot.the lender then pays the lot to clean and repair these homes. If you can get hooked up with one of these lots they will call you when somrthing comes in and go look at it. if it only needs windows,doors or other cosmetic work,bid low and go up

Mobile homes Buy new or Used ? - Posted by David Hasselberg

Posted by David Hasselberg on November 22, 2000 at 03:13:14:

I have a piece of property (1/3 ) of a acre that is zoned for a 5 plex . I have a home next to it i’am going to rent out. I would like to put two double wide homes on the site with a attached garage/carport . should i look for a deal on a used one or just by a new(barebones) one from a dealer, since i’am going to be renting them . I responded to a ad about foreclosed or repo mobile homes in the little nicklel and he just sent me to a new home dealer that he works with and wanted to sell me a brand new one. I can get about 800-950 rent for a unit. Thanks Dave

Re: Mobile homes Buy new or Used ? - Posted by BillW.

Posted by BillW. on November 22, 2000 at 23:27:01:

Have you done an analysis on the property to determine best use? If you’re currently zoned for 5 units, why put only 2 units on the property. 5 units will give 5 rent checks and a higher project value. I think you need to crunch some numbers and make sure you’re optimizing your situation .
BillW.

Re: Mobile homes Buy new or Used ? - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on November 22, 2000 at 20:25:19:

Call Conseco and ask for their remarketing dept. Ask them to send you their monthly list or retail and wholesale repo’s.

They are undergoing a huge fallout and are being flooded with repo homes. Bid on the homes but do not bid based upon what they loaned against it (and lost). Bid low ball and keep bidding. It will cost some cash to move and set up a double so you might as well buy a newer repo at a great price. You could not have asked for a better time to do so.

Tony-VA