Mobile Homes in Remote Parts of the Country - Posted by Matt S.

Posted by Matt S. on August 16, 2005 at 11:44:49:

It seems like some research is needed, on my part, as to the transportation and set-up costs. Just so I know all the parameters of this fascinating market. – Matt

Remove the “x” from the beginig of my email address to make it functional.

Mobile Homes in Remote Parts of the Country - Posted by Matt S.

Posted by Matt S. on August 14, 2005 at 15:00:35:

Hey Y’all. I live in a remote part of western Wyoming. I’m about 190 miles from Salt Lake City, 112 miles from Pocatello and 90 miles from Idaho Falls. Is it economically feasible to move homes over such distances? Or maybe I should just site my homes where I find them and let the buyers mail me their payments. I mean, if I don’t have to play landlord it should be no problem to have the homes a little farther from my own residence. Thanks

Re: Mobile Homes in Remote Parts of the Country - Posted by Eli Call

Posted by Eli Call on August 17, 2005 at 10:33:03:

It is my understanding that there is a LOT of homes in Evanston right now at great prices. I have friends in SLC that are moving them from Evanston down to their parks. Check into that option.

Re: Mobile Homes in Remote Parts of the Country - Posted by Gavin Wilkinson

Posted by Gavin Wilkinson on August 15, 2005 at 12:03:35:

Homes are moved these kinds of distances all the time. A home I am finshing setting came more than 500 miles from the factory.

Having said that, moving and setting a home can be expensive, so you don’t want to do it unless you have a reason to. Many times a home can be a good deal, because it is set up and ready to go. If you have to move that same home, it may not make sense as an investment, unless the seller will reduce the price a large amount.

Re: Mobile Homes in Remote Parts of the Country - Posted by Matt S.

Posted by Matt S. on August 14, 2005 at 23:37:19:

I guess I could ask:

How much does it cost to move mobile homes?