MOBILE HOMES??? - Posted by Chuck NC

Posted by Glenn OH on February 10, 2000 at 19:01:23:

Because you have knowledge that the seller does not. You know (if you don’t get Lonnies 2 books) that financing is what makes the deal. So you buy from them at the lowest they will take (it may take some time for them to get really motivated) and sell at the higher price WITH SELLER FINANCING, which is the key for people who can’t buy with cash.

MOBILE HOMES??? - Posted by Chuck NC

Posted by Chuck NC on February 10, 2000 at 18:03:00:

I have a question, i have been reading Lonnies articals on buying and selling mobile homes for profit, but i dont understand, how it is that you can buy a mobile home for two or three thousand dollars, and then turn around and sell it for seven or eight thousand!? If you can buy a mobile home for three thousand dollars than why would a buyer pay you eight thousand? Im a newbie so this may sound like a stupid question but am i missing something?

Re: not only MOBILE HOMES??? - Posted by Dan (NC)

Posted by Dan (NC) on February 11, 2000 at 07:52:03:

Believe it or not, this is the way a lot of wholesale/retail business works. Ever wonder how jewelry stores can offer 70% discounts? Because they buy at around 20-25% of retail. Anyone paying full retail is paying way too much, but we get paid for what we know, and pay for what we don’t. Buy Lonnie’s books. All will be revealed.

Lonnie deal In a Nut Shell (Long) - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on February 11, 2000 at 02:34:31:

Good Question. It is one that I think we all wondered about initially. Once you read Lonnie’s book "Deals on Wheels,"you get a better idea.

Essentially we are working with motivated sellers, who for one reason or another must sell their home. These people are quickly frustrated by potential buyers because all of them need financing but cannot obtain their own financing because of poor credit. These people could only buy the home if the seller would provide the financing. The homeowner needs cash, and has the normal fears of financing bad credit people and worry that they will not get their money. The sellers also typically need cash immediately to solve a current problem (such as back lot rent, judgement, down payment on their new home etc.). The cashflow would not solve their problem. They want cash.

This is where we step in. We first inspect the home using the plan set forth in Lonnie’s book. We explain that we pay all cash for homes and then sell them and hold the financing. We then use the negotiating techniques Lonnie teaches. These techniques work very, very well and the seller names all the numbers. We either get them to talk themselves down to the numbers we want, or we use a “walk-a-way technique”. They will either catch us at the door, or call us in a few days. If we don’t hear from them (we usually do hear from them), they were not yet properly motivated and may take more time to come around. That’s okay. We let lot rent continue to add up and work in our favor. We let the frustrations of buyer’s without cash continue to motivate the cash hungry seller.

When the buyer provides us with his “best, all cash price” and it meets the number we were hoping to hear, we provide a small down payment and the remainder when the home is vacant and we do a walk through inspection.

We then sell the home for a small down payment and hold the financing. We are able to buy the home for $2000 and sell for $8000 because we buy with cash and sell with financing. We often sell to the same people who wanted to buy the home from the original seller but did not have all cash. They are happy because they got the home they wanted. Paid only a small downpayment and got monthly payments that they can afford, and are usually what they were paying just to rent a place to live. They will own this home in 3 or 4 years (in my notes, others go longer).

Hope this helps.

Tony-VA