Mobile Homes - Posted by David Kopp

Posted by Jeff-oh on September 30, 2005 at 07:43:46:

David,

Lonnie dealing in the various provinces has been discussed a little here in the past. You may want to try the archives. Also, look in you local papers to see if there are any financed by owner sales. Try to locate a real estate investment club in your province. I think jp’s point was the laws are usually local and advice outside of your area may not be valid. This is true of South Carolina and Ohio as well as BC and Ontario.

If in doubt just get the books alone. If still in doubt just get Deals on Wheels. That book alone is worth much more than $30.00 for the new ways it will have you thinking. The processes in there are valid for any product. TV, Computer, Furniture. etc.

Jeff

Mobile Homes - Posted by David Kopp

Posted by David Kopp on September 30, 2005 at 24:56:53:

Hey,
I am very interested in investing in mobile homes as described on this website. I am thinking about ordering a couple of the products sold on this site, specifically the kit that includes the contracts. As a soon to be university graduate this seems like just the way to start paying off my loans the smart way. My concern is that these contracts and such may not be legal in Canada (where I live and would be investing). I am not completely familiar with the laws regarding financing and I would hate to invest in a program that just wouldn’t work in Canada. Can you please address this? Thanks. Dave Kopp

Re: Mobile Homes - Posted by jp(sc)

Posted by jp(sc) on September 30, 2005 at 06:14:27:

Have you read the laws for Canada? What do they say? I am American, and thus have never had reason to become familiar with Canada’s laws.

Re: Mobile Homes - Posted by James

Posted by James on October 03, 2005 at 07:51:32:

Additionally, check with whomever would be prosecuting you in cases of violatons. Walk into the prosecutors’ office and ask them if these contracts from the states are lawful here. Do the same with the Public Defenders. office. You may also have some advice columnists in a local paper who delve into legal situations, write them a letter and include the contracts. Maybe a bigger paper would be good for this.

Lastly, check with title companys, and real estate agents/brokers and ask them. They are not legal practitioners, but nonetheless, at a glance they know, or can find out. Remeber, to them you represent business. You will need to list and close deals somewhere, and they know this. You also get to see how they deal with an issue while nothing is pressuring you. Make no promises about future business even when asked…‘we’ll see’. Just take their advice with a pinch of salt, as they may want to try to trap you unnecessarily into using their paperwork.