mobile homes - Posted by Mark Walters

Posted by David Alexander on May 02, 1999 at 13:56:31:

Guess, my post sounded a little harsh, it’s just that I spent my time in my former business doing business with people with a impossible requests, or hard to deal with from the start. I made it a descision to never do that again. And my life has been stress free, and I can accomplish more by solving the real money making problems and situations than serving(it’s like having a job and those people are your boss) high maintenance people.

David Alexander

mobile homes - Posted by Mark Walters

Posted by Mark Walters on May 01, 1999 at 20:17:35:

I have a mobile home that I’m going to be selling down the road but have found an interesting situation. The owners of the park never “approve” any would be buyers found by “for sale by owners”. With that, the owners of the park will force the trailer owner to sell based on the new buyer moving it. Considering that’s a bit far fetched, the owner then offers peanuts to the trailer owners who many times are forced to sell. Any ideas of how one might get the park owner to get back on the straight and narrow?

Re: mobile homes - Posted by Kevin in CA

Posted by Kevin in CA on May 03, 1999 at 01:07:18:

I know lawyers are not a popular bunch around here, but it seems to me that you might want to discuss this over lunch with one. There is a possible illegal restraint of trade here by the park owners and it is likely that they are acting beyond the contractual bounds with their tenants/mh sellers in not approving whatever buyer the seller wants to sell to – doing so to force a cheap sale to them. Sometimes a letter from an attorney can work wonders. It’s also possible that a judge, on hearing of this overreaching by the park’s owners, would be more than happy to order the park (mis)managers to pay attorney’s fees for the people bringing the matter to the court’s attention. But things never need go that far. Just a letter should shake them up and get them straightened out – if they know what’s good for them. Just offered for your consideration. There might be a way for you and the mh seller to win on this. Kevin in CA

simple solution - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on May 01, 1999 at 21:13:43:

Find another park. Don’t do business with people you can’t. If it’s hard in the beginning, and you can’t even start a good relationship with the manager and Owner why bother. There are too many parks out there where you can do business as a win-win.

David Alexander

Even with that said… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on May 03, 1999 at 01:32:56:

If you have to go to that much trouble you’d be better off doing business elsewhere. It’s just not worth the hassle. Plus you would be on the bad side of the Park Manager and the Park Owner. Without those relations in good working order it becomes more than just collecting checks which should be the goal.

Just the way I look at it, anyway.

David Alexander

Here Here David! - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on May 02, 1999 at 24:57:10:

Or for the more seasoned MH investor I bet some good deals could be found in that park at a hundred dollars more than the penuts offered by the park owner. One might be able to move them to a “friendly” park.
However let me stress that one would have to know the ins and outs of moving for anything like that to work.
However Mark’s post brings up something which plagues all of us investors from time to time. NEVER GET EMOTIONAL ABOUT A DEAL! David, you are soo right in there are better, quicker, easier deals down the street. Good Advice.
Dirk