Mobile on foundation - Posted by Shawn Klodzinski

Posted by Tony-VA/NC on October 07, 2003 at 11:31:10:

It will make a difference in regards to financing. Rehabbing will not very too much, basically fix what is broken. This sounds like a double wide set on a permanent foundation (often done so as to obtain financing easier). Double wides will be a bit harder to finance than modular homes and typically there is only a couple of companies that will insure them.

Inspections may very as well. Modular homes are built more along the stick built codes. Mobile homes are getting closer to that but are not necessarily there yet. In my area, we have a “marriage wall” inspection (sounds like an oxymoron to me), prior to completing the siding on the end of the home where the two halves come together. Check with your local inspectors office.

The realtor should be able to determine if this is a double wide. You will want to track down the titles if that is the case.

Let the realtor do as much leg work as possible. That is how they fit into your team.

Tony

Mobile on foundation - Posted by Shawn Klodzinski

Posted by Shawn Klodzinski on October 07, 2003 at 10:40:50:

I am looking into a property that has a mobile or manufactured home, the realtor stated that it came in two halves and was put together on a foundation. I am not sure what that is classified as? Does this pose any issues with flipping or Rehabbing this property? Like financing,or Rehabbing. At this point it looks like all that needs to be done is to side the home.