Mobile Problem - Posted by Frankie

Re: Mobile Problem - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on September 05, 2003 at 14:44:05:

Stop looking at the trees, and start looking at the forest.

Re: Mobile Problem - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on September 04, 2003 at 17:37:54:

http://www.creonline.com/mobilehomes/wwwboard4/messages/30709.html

Re: Phil, where do you live where… - Posted by Phil Pelletier

Posted by Phil Pelletier on September 04, 2003 at 17:17:49:

The only time a home must meet current codes is when it is relocated to a new spot. New permits are required, which means new electrical inspection of the connection and possibly new wiring with copper wires (not aluminium) in all the walls.

DUMP IT! It will turn out to be an alligator you feed money into.

Phil Pelletier

Re: First thing you need to do… - Posted by Igor

Posted by Igor on September 05, 2003 at 14:23:28:

Yes, I know that the numbers sound extreme, but I live in S. California, and I have looked at MLS listings for mobile homes down here in San Diego, and even for the smallest MHs (with land and in parks), the lowest price I found was in the low 20k’s for an '85 432 sq. ft. MH (from realtor.com). But I also noticed that the further east I go, the cheaper the land gets, and mobile homes seem to become more abundant. Arizona is about 3 hours away, and I heard that MHs are pretty common there and the land is dirt cheap compared to CA, and it gives me the idea to buy in AZ and sell in CA. I think I can capitalize on this short distance and drastic increase in land value. I just need to continue my research and find MHCs with the highest PSFs in San Diego county, and the cheapest mobile home dealers in West AZ or East CA. One more thing, Im new to investing and this is a really stupid question, but I hear people talking about notes, whats a note?

And sometimes… - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on September 06, 2003 at 18:10:29:

…honey will catch more flies than vinegar.

Chuck wouldn’t be interested in saying ANYTHING better if there is an alternative and meaner way to say it.

Chuck, dont’ dump your manure here, bag it for sale and you’ll make millions.

Regards, doc

Chuck is right - Posted by Tony-VA/NC

Posted by Tony-VA/NC on September 04, 2003 at 19:34:35:

Frankie is standing at the foothill of a landslide of opportunity. He has many, many things in his favor (including Chuck’s “tough love”).

Frankie is stoked about a 1961 “classic” mobile home from hell. This is not a car you are going to restore to sell off to some rich guy going through a mid-life crisis.

With 120 homes forced to move (if Frank is implying that the park is closing), he has time now to read Deals On Wheels, find property to set these homes up on and begin to find the money to do these deals. Park closings do not happen overnight and the 11th hour holdout sellers will become all the more desperate. Then there are the homes the inevitably get abandoned that the park buyer is left to contend with.

Chances are the sale of the park will involve the offer of a few grand to each homeowner to move their home. With the right negotations, Frankie may well pick up a grand and the home (When He Buys). At the worst he should be getting homes for free (or quite close) and then paying the moving costs to put the homes on his land (if he can find some in the meantime) or in another park with vacant slots.

In fact the quicker he acts on the first few deals, the better chance he has of filling the current vacant lots in the surrounding mobile home parks before others catch on.

Tony

I,Skeptic bought the book and u need 2 nt - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 05, 2003 at 18:07:14:

nt

Re: First thing you need to do… - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on September 05, 2003 at 14:44:21:

Igor,
Not enough room or time to explain the whole process here. You really need to buy Lonnie’s book. In it you’ll find the entire approach laid out for you. The first thing you’ll probably learn is that the MLS, classifieds etc are NOT where you need to be looking for homes you can buy and resell for a profit. Check the archives for Doc Whisler’s posts. He’s in CA and has been making a living at this since the red sea was parted I think (sorry Craig!!).
Forget AZ, this can be done where you live.
All the best, Lyal

Re: And sometimes… - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on September 06, 2003 at 23:56:34:

Bite me.

Re: I,Skeptic bought the book and u need 2 nt - Posted by Igor

Posted by Igor on September 05, 2003 at 20:13:38:

Okay…I will give this book a shot. Have you tried any of those methods discussed in the book? Do you live around CA?

Re: First thing you need to do… - Posted by Igor

Posted by Igor on September 05, 2003 at 20:32:43:

Thanks for all the help! Well I think I will get Lonnie’s book, because everybody has been talking about it and I obviously need to understand this whole process. And as for the MLS, I was just using it to find a place to sell the MH, not buy.