modular homes - Posted by shawn jackson

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on March 16, 2001 at 07:20:29:

Check with local manufactures. Here are a couple of National Manufactures. Wausau Homes and Homes of Merit

modular homes - Posted by shawn jackson

Posted by shawn jackson on March 13, 2001 at 20:11:15:

I want to know if modular homes are a good real estate investment. I have an opportunity to do a lease with an option to purchase in 12 months, but I don’t know anything about modular homes. Also, is this a guarantee no money down transaction?

Re: modular homes - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on March 14, 2001 at 07:41:46:

Good Investment?

Yes and NO

You are doing a L/O… is this for you to live in? or investment to flip later. If its to live in you need to take a good luck at the home. If it a investment give us some numbers. I have several homes that I have sold and have on order. Now keep in mind that they are NEW. I prefer doing modular than stick built construction. For one the labor cost and quality of construction is better. I will build frame if someone would ask me to do so. I do block construction also. Each deal will speak for itself. If you are looking for quaility housing then modular are good. I like name Brands such as Wausau, Homes of Merit (Genesis) There are several other companies that are reqional located. Hope this helps

JR

Re: modular homes - Posted by jimi

Posted by jimi on March 16, 2001 at 07:09:34:

What’s the best way to learn about building my own modular home on a lot that I presently own?

Finding quality manufacturers, prudent negotiation, saving on delivery and construction, construction oversight etc.

Thanks!