mold inspection - Posted by SteveOH

Posted by ski on March 21, 2005 at 12:15:57:

I did some investigation on mold in my former job as a senior engineer for an air conditioning manufacturer. Our findings were that there has been NO known deaths associated with household mold, black or otherwise. The general concenses among our field was that this is the backlash of the tabacco law suits. When tobacco was gone so was the big money so the lawyers needed something to fill that gap. Sure, some people may be allergic to mold but they are the same people who are allergic to cat dander, dust, pollen, etc.

mold inspection - Posted by SteveOH

Posted by SteveOH on March 21, 2005 at 11:04:04:

I have a small patch of mold (black) that killed a deal. We sprayed it with bleach and I’d to have it certified safe.
Can I get this done for a reasonable price? I’d like to call the buyer that I lost and put her mind at ease. Worth a shot. Thanks!

Re: mold inspection - Posted by Mike-OH

Posted by Mike-OH on March 21, 2005 at 17:55:42:

If you have a small patch of mold, why not just remove it! I agree 100% with Ski - this mold hysteria is just nonsense. Just remove whatever the mold is on and throw it in the trash. Then, you won’t have to certify that is it safe, IT WILL BE GONE. Mold isn’t a big deal. We clean up mold all the time in rehabs and have never had (or even heard of) a problem.

Good Luck,

Mike

Well, it can be killed with bleach and if it won’t then you must call mold removal company to kill it permanently.