More on findinf home owners - Posted by Mario Price

Posted by JoeKaiser on July 13, 2002 at 17:06:26:

You’re just getting warmed up here . . .

Check the tax people again and this time . . . check to see if the taxes are being paid.

Look at the original deed of trust and see if it says “VA” or “FHA” on the bottom. If so . . . you’re probably out of luck.

If it was simply a conventional loan, you may have some things to do, depending on your state’s laws. Sometimes lenders acquire property and have no choice but to sit on them pending redemption or other legal issues.

Is it being kept up or has it fallen through the cracks?

Joe

More on findinf home owners - Posted by Mario Price

Posted by Mario Price on July 13, 2002 at 14:42:55:

Joe,

I was hoping that you were the one who responded. Here is exactly what I have done.

1. I saw the house abandoned.
  2. I went and had the taxes pulled on the home.
  3. I had a deed searched.
  4. The deed search said the property was foreclosed(9/6/2000). I contacted the mortgage company who had the origianl loan on the house and that company has gone under, however, they sold the mortgage to Chase Manhattan Mo Corp. I contacted Chase and they said they did not have it anymore. They said to check with my city records office. The Planning and Real Estate Division of the City of Detroit gave me the same information as the Tax office. Go figure. I spoke with neighbors and they could not seem to remember the previous owner because they hardly saw him. What sould I try now. I am inexperienced in these things, but I am willing to learn. From reading your article you seem like the best guy for help. Have you ever ran into a vacant property with this much hassle. Please help, I really want this home for myself.