More "profiles in courage" for the fearful... - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by John Behle on March 28, 2000 at 19:09:18:

Heck why not. Come on back - just don’t eat all the chicken. I usually have a policy of coming back again at just my cost, but the family reunion and a barbecue just sound too fun. I just don’t think we’ll get everybody on my boat - so you’ll have to check out the “note boat” opportunity being posted at my site.

So - anyone from last year that wants a refresher or just some good chicken can come back. I may ask some of them for help in some of the things like small groups, etc.

We will be incorporating many of the elements of the “Abundance and Prosperity” seminar in Atlanta throughout the week in Park City. Nothing “heavy” - just insightful.

More “profiles in courage” for the fearful… - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on March 24, 2000 at 21:08:15:

This is no big deal thing, but perhaps it will give hope and encouragement to those just attacking “paper”, and finding it ever so esoteric.

A friend just sold their MHP/boat basin/ bait and tackle shop deal. They own it free and clear. Took a down payment and agreed to carry the bulk of the deal for 25 yrs at 6%… and he is telling me he wants to sell the paper and get a lump sum.

'Twas a time I would have just gone “gulp”.

As it was, I found myself asking a few questions (he has no idea what kind of deal was put together … scarry); and suggesting that before deciding to do something like that they should figure out what they want to do with the $$ and the tax consequences of it all.

Suggested that there might be more than one way to skin a cat … that it wasn’t necessarily an all or nothing deal (besides, I think he would have a rude awakening at the discount someone would want to take on such a note), and suggested further that once it was a little seasoned, we sit down and talk about it.

I realized that I don’t have all the answers. But at least I’m getting the questions and know that there ARE answers!

Take heart, folks.

(or maybe I’m the only one who has ever been intimidated by black marks on a white page…)

Carol

Re: More “profiles in courage” for the fearful… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on March 25, 2000 at 02:02:11:

Carol,

I just want to know if you buy this (these) notes and you get the bait shop back, who gets to Run it? You or Dennis? Somehow I dont see you putting minnows in a bucket all day! :slight_smile: Lol.

David Alexander

One issue to discuss with them. - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on March 25, 2000 at 24:18:05:

He may want to break this into multiple notes. For example, the MHP ought to be a separate note. It will likely be more liquid than the others.

The others might depend on what assets, inventor, personal and real property are included. It may be best to do several notes.

David, David … - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on March 25, 2000 at 06:50:17:

You mean you don’t see me standing there, shiners in hand, so to speak?

Actually, I wouldn’t WANT the bait shop - the new owners did not choose to continue selling cigarettes, beer and wine… so what’s left beside the shiners, I ask you?

The sellers HAVE renewed their licence … just in case… But what was a family run business for 25 yrs is now owned by some “Yankee” (from North Florida, that is), with two full and two parttime employees. This will be intersting to watch. At least they are busily making some improvements.

Thanks for the vote of confidence… coming to Park City in July? Dennis is bringing chicken breasts!

Carol

Chicken Breasts?? - Posted by Nate Tyler

Posted by Nate Tyler on March 26, 2000 at 22:40:34:

Chicken Breasts…Family Reunion
Chicken Breasts…Family Reunion

Boy, Carol…you’re making this decision even harder than it already was!!

Nate