More questions - Posted by Alex

Posted by karp on December 01, 1999 at 16:40:38:

You know I get asked this question about 3 or 4 times a week and I always ask a question in return.

“What do you really like in RE investing?”
I mean, what makes you think “Ya, that would be cool!”

Well, I would start there. Eventually your learning curve will catch up with your passion and you will do really well.

One other thing…if you have a local investment group or even a landlord’s association, go to those meetings.
Find out who the producers are and go LISTEN to them.

Real world learning will always be more effective than any theoretical learning.

Thanks,

Karl Hartley

More questions - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on December 01, 1999 at 08:41:00:

First I want to thank the people who responded to my intial questions. As a rookie I am looking for as much information as possible. My first question is people have suggested to me that I purchase some of the study at home real estate courses, however I am weary of purchasing something that will not move my new carrer forward and would like some feedback on who actually knows they are doing with regard to the courses and you as a consumer have been able to put the information to use and actually made money from it.

My second question is I am pre-approved for a mortgage and have access to funds for a down payment ( dirty word from what I gather in the business )and or rehab and ready to move forward but really don’t know were to start other than pounding the pavement and making offers. I know that’s where I will probably begin, however I would like some input with regard to maximizing my intial investment wether it be low balling every offer until one sticks, foreclosures, preforeclosures, distress sales and so forth also shortening turn-around time when the first house is bought.

Thank you again for your time and expertise. I look forward to hereing from anyone.

Also what does this convention entail coming in february in Atlanta. I would be interested in going.