Mortgage Broker trouble in Indianapolis - Posted by Tony_IN

Posted by River City on August 19, 2003 at 10:01:40:

Send them a letter and also send a copy to their licensing agency (probably with the state) requesting the return of your documents. Be sure that the letter indicates a “cc:” to the licensing agency. The “boss” should have retained all of the originals and not given them to the employee. The application was made to the employer through the employee. The employee has no right to your original documents, as the employee is acting as a representative of the employer. Be sure to list the documents you provided so the employer and the licensing agency will know which documents should be returned to you. Be sure to preface your letter so that the licensing agency knows that you are resorting to the letter because the broker/company would not return your original documents.

Mortgage Broker trouble in Indianapolis - Posted by Tony_IN

Posted by Tony_IN on August 11, 2003 at 07:54:27:

I had to go to a pay phone to call my mortgage broker so that she would not recognize my number?which she had stopped responding to. She claims she is completely out of the business and that her boss has kept the paperwork including taxes, original bank statements, etc. etc. Unfortunately, her boss claims he handed over all of the all of the paperwork her.I want our paperwork back . . . and what else can we do? There are two of us investors in indianapolis in the same position. She just simply dropped us without any notice somewhere mid month.We want to let both broker and boss know that we mean businessOr should we just pay our banks and accountants to regenerate this data for us?and keep us from the reputation of stepping on toes in the local industry (Indy is a huge city, now, however). I know, I know . . . Don?t send original copies. I said that so that nobody would have to slap my hand, even though I deserve it.Tony_IN